Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
861 - 880 of 997 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Harley finally got so P.O.ed that they advertised in Japanese.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

Reactions: ridervfr

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
I dunno if I could ride something that ugly with out tossing my cookies every time I went to get on the thing!

😂

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
A Super Cub step-through DOHC 250 four cylinder. You meet the insanest people on a Honda!

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
That Ninja 250cc 4 cylinder should sound similar with a pipe on it. Kinda makes me wanna get one…a little anyway.

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
Who knows…..maybe Honda will follow suit and build CBR250RR for the NA market.

If they made it look like their RS250 Grand Prix bike from the 2 stroke era I think they’d have a huge hit.

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire

Harley Davidson Pan America.

I’ll spare everyone all the usual details as it’s been the darling of the entire worlds motorcycle press.

Thing is, that affection seems well placed as the Pan America seems to be the real deal.

Personally, I’m not a fan of adventure bikes in general. I actually hate the “beak” found on most of them. As for aesthetics, they’re about as pleasing to look at as a portable military latrine.

This is a different deal. Honestly the pics all over the web don’t do the thing justice. A guy at work has one and I got to get a relatively close up view of it.

It’s a quite aesthetically pleasing thing to look at. The onboard tech is actually something entirely different to all the others.

Yeah, it has navigation and traction control but it also has automatic ride height adjustment for shorter riders. That’s a game changer.

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #868 ·
One you won’t see every day:
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Ducati Indiana 650. Kind of an odd Duc. Built for just one year, 1986 it took until 1990 to sell them. It made just 53 hp from the 650 90 degree twin.

However, it “only” weighed 456 lbs full of fuel & other vital fluids. 397 lbs dry. Its competition, at least in terms of the Japanese cruisers of the same period weighed quite a bit more.

The Virago weighed 496 lbs dry, while Honda’s Shadow was a hefty 507 lbs. The Indiana was quicker off the line with so much less mass. Supposedly it handled better too.

Ducati didn’t make many of them, and they didn’t sell well. The cruiser world wasn’t ready for a Ducati. Ducatista were not ready for a cruiser.

This just makes my BoD choice because of its rarity and how far ahead it was for its time. The next time Ducati presented a “cruiser” to the world, they called it the Diavel.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
If the only motorcycle available is an H-D, I will cease riding. President Reagan saved them from their own incompetence only for them to rape Erik Buell.

Goodbye.

Reactions: auburn

·
Border Kong
979 Posts
Who knows…..maybe Honda will follow suit and build CBR250RR for the NA market.

If they made it look like their RS250 Grand Prix bike from the 2 stroke era I think they’d have a huge hit.
Well, may be you mean this CBR250R, Available here in Mexico. Pricing start at us$4,100 approx.

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #871 · (Edited)
I’m not sure, but I don’t think so unless that 250R is a 4 cylinder. Looks to me like a 250 single but I don’t know what Honda releases to other markets these days.

Last I read, Honda built a CBR250RR that was a 4 cylinder and styled like the 900RR/929/954. Now I believe the 250RR is a twin.

The point of my post was, Honda should follow suit and like Kawasaki build a 250RR with a 4 cylinder 250 that has a screaming redline. Further Honda should style it like a 250 Grand Prix bike from the 2 stroke era.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I’m not sure, but I don’t think so unless that 250R is a 4 cylinder. Looks to me like a 250 single but I don’t know what Honda releases to other markets these days.

Last I read, Honda built a CBR250RR that was a 4 cylinder and styled like the 900RR/929/954
pretty sure that honda's a single. only modern 4 cyl 250 is the zx25r i believe, for indian/asian markets i think? has anyone here had a 4 cyl 250 before? they seem like a lot of fun!

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #873 · (Edited)
No, not a 250 but I’ve ridden a GSXR 400 years ago in the UK. It looked like this except red instead of blue:
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire

Fun little bike, if under sprung and under damped for my fat a$$.

Engine didn’t wake up until around 9K rpm and it was winded by 11.5 K. For that 2.5 window on the tach though, it was heaps of fun.

I imagine a 4 cylinder 250 would be more of the same but with a higher red line on the tach and smaller window of “big” power production.

While a lot of fun to ride, they do get tiresome. Having to rev the nuts off of it to get it to perform is novel at first. It wears thin in a few days, I promise.

I’d think it fine as a 2nd or 3rd bike but not an everyday machine. Kinda why the remarks I have for a similar Honda are what they are.

In my case either would be a 5th or 6th bike in the line which one gets the key on a particular day. My Aprilia, both Ducatis and both GSXRs would get the keys before a rev happy little 4 like that would.

On very special days it would get out to see the back roads and have a good scratch. On a daily? Not so much.

• Love
Reactions: auburn

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Honda has resorted to playing fast and loose with the "CBR" designation. And the "R" appelation seems to mean "Regular, but dressed up." If they re-made the 1975 CB400F, it might now be called the CBR-400FRR or something. And Suzuki's GSX-R100RZ and GSX-S1000FZ or whatever is just plain silly, not to mention hard to say. Just like the YZF-R7 should be an MT-7S or something more realistic. A 65 HP "sportish" bike does in no way compare with or replace a 100 HP super sport.

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #875 ·
I don’t disagree. Placing the R7 moniker on something far less than what the original R7 was or stood for is borderline heresy.

F, R or RR? Hondas “F” philosophy was a do everything bike that was comfortable, capable and sporting too. The RR was more a focused race oriented machine. Same for the “R” if used in the V4 or V2 context….IE the RVF’s or the RVTs.

Seems like a good way to tarnish the impeccable legacies of the RC30 & RC45 and the RC51 too.

Suzuki on the other hand has pretty much always been hit or miss. Hit with the GSXR and the Bandit.

Less so with that abomination of SV650 Gladius they released before the current “Monsteresque” version. Talk about missing the mark.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
"Gladius" was the wife of the Gladiator, no? :D
I wanted to wait for the sporting version MT-07, but am underwhelmed by it. Not to worry, Yamaha is the most frequent changer of model designations and the biggest producer of 1-2 year models. As an example, the 1970 650 twin: XS650. 1971 XS-1, 1972 XS-2, 1973 TX650, 1974 TX650A, 1975 XS650B, 1976 XS650C, 1977 XS650D and with 1978 came E and SE to indicate the Farley version. Then 1979 F and SF (1979 the last standard model), 1980 SG, 1981 SH, 1982 SI and the 1983 SJ. They make a lot of their cash from designing and consulting for auto makers. And then spend it on nomenclature changes.

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #878 ·
So what you’re saying is, Suzuki gave buyers the short end of the stick?
😆🤣🤣

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Might as well have called it the gladiola.

·
Tanker Clown
8,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #880 ·
Nah,
Thousands of Gladiola fans would have been up in arms over that. When something’s that ugly, you don’t want it associated with YOUR favorite…anything.

🤣🤣🤣

861 - 880 of 997 Posts