Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty then. I have yet to buy and boots to wear when i ride on the street. I only have been wearing my hiking boots. I know that is bad. When i get back from my current deployment i am going to be purchasing a DR-Z400S as a second bike. I plan on buying gaerne sg-10 boots for riding offroad and was wondering if there would be anything bad about using them riding on the street with the ninja. I am also wanting to look into some not to expensive but good quality street/race boots as they may be better. If not maybe i will just suffice with 1 pair of boots.

I currently have a first gear kilimanjaro jacket which is nice when it rains and is chilly up in alaska but it's quite bulky and can be annoying. I was thinking about possibly getting a set of leathers(jacket and pants) but damn are they expensive. I was thinking the Joe Rocket Supermoto jacket and pants. They seem like some decent stuff but as before the price is alot. I was wondering if someone could recommend a decent set of whatever. I met this guy that had a set of decent looking first gear stuff but it was a few years old and it seems they don't sell it anymore. I'm looking for a 3/4 jacket and a nice set of pants that offer some good protection. Just some stuff that's not so bulky and not going to cost me $1k for the pair.

Other than that I plan on getting a new helmet too. I've got a scorpion exo-700 ride now. It's ok and for the price very nice. After a few months the visor stopped closing all the way though. I was planning on picking up a shoei TZ-R and using the scorpion for my offroad riding. Just looking for some input on all this stuff. Thanks much.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've got a pair of gaerne sg1's that I used last year to ride my ex, they were pretty comfortable but probably looked kinda dumb.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've heard nothing but good stuff about the SetUp boots. They're basically the low-end boots made by Sidi. I tore up my good pair of Sidi Vertebra2 boots in my accident last summer, and I'll probably replace them with the SetUp boots before the riding season starts. They're cheap enough to get two pairs in different colors! ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Frank Thomas makes some decently priced "race" type boots.

I wore leather steel toe boots, and I crashed in them. They held up great, so if you are looking for something cheap, go for steel toe boots. But if price isn't much of an issue, get some real street boots, they will protect you best, and they will look great.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i have a pair of sidi vertigo boots. i love them..well, except for the fact that the soles are relitavley thin (in comparison to my hiking boots i used to ride in) which netted me a loss in height which i needed lol. as far as comfort, top notch. no "break in" necessary, adjustable calf cuffs, and their comfortable enough to wear anywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts