Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, awhile back, I bought a 97 EX500, and rode it for 4000 miles, then sold it like an idiot. then I bought a 93 CBR600, which turned out to be a junker, and now I just bought a 98 EX500, in alright shape for $400, with 15k on the clock, in bone stock form, except for the Battleaxe BT45 tires, which I love btw, and needing an oil change and chain. for a $400 find, its a great deal.

I'm going to customize it quite a bit, possibly some older 636 upper with headlights, maybe a little suspension upgrade eventually, and I'll be happy. stainless brake lines and sintered pads are definately on my list too.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Happy to see you come back to your first love :)

Besides, there's nothing like making this bike your own by modifying it to your tastes.

I'm still enjoying my 2nd one very much ;D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome back to the fold. And what a steal!

·
Registered
1 Posts
nice!! I got mine for $700 in basically the same condition. I too had a higher cc. bike and came back to the ex-500. I still am trying to figure out what the fascination is with high cc bikes. More maintenance, more insurance, more gas. Who cares if it will go 200 mph. Do you really want to go any faster than the ex- can on the street? I mean its fun to gun it occasionally but... death has its disadvantages.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
cal ex said:
nice!! I got mine for $700 in basically the same condition. I too had a higher cc. bike and came back to the ex-500. I still am trying to figure out what the fascination is with high cc bikes. More maintenance, more insurance, more gas. Who cares if it will go 200 mph. Do you really want to go any faster than the ex- can on the street? I mean its fun to gun it occasionally but... death has its disadvantages.
im with you man... i love my 500... i dont really need to go 175. the ex still will go from 0-jail in no time at all :)

plus its so much fun when some squid on an R6 or gsxr turns his nose up at it cuz its "only a 500", then i lose him in the twisty bits.

·
Registered
43 Posts
very nice bike. you most definitely stole it for only 400! any repairs you had to do to it yet? or is it near mint?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts