Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a guy with a 2000 EX500 and was interested in buying it but want to get yalls opinion first. It has just over 10k miles on it and has minimal body damage. He is the second owner and has had it for 3 years. He wants 2k for it and was wondering if thats a good price and if this bike would be prone to malfunctioning do to its age and amount of miles on it. It will be my first bike if I get it and I understand them to be good for beginners. Let me know. Thanks everyone.

G

·
I can't comment on the price, cause American bikes are significantly cheaper than Canadians ones, but that's not an old bike, nor a well used bike. I wouldn't be worried about that mileage at all - so long as the maintenance has been done and the guy doesn't strike you as an idiot, I'm sure it's good to go.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I think 2k is a fair price. 10k is not that much miles as long as it was maintained. I have 7k on my 2006 ;D

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I'm with these guys, 10k miles on a 2000 isnt too bad. just ask for maintainence records, when the last oil change was done, and look over the bike carefully for anything that doesnt seem right.

if its been taken care of properly, that milage is really no big deal .

·
Registered
722 Posts
that's a very fair price, imo a deal. I got my '99 for 2100, and it had 12k, it was about 600-700 under book value I recall.

·
Registered
19,706 Posts
Read my piece in the FAQ section

FOG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts