Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ninja with only 3000 kms on it....at a certain rpm range ( about 3-4000) i can hear a "buzzing" sound that comes from the front end. Sounds like something is loose. Winshield or something?? Has anyone ever experienced this?? I wonder where i should start??

·
Registered
440 Posts
Likely it's a fairing or the front fender. Touch each part while revving to see where it stops or changes tone. It could also be the reed valve that let's fresh air into the exhaust.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
i lost a screw where the fairing attaches to the little tab on the tank, and every now and again it would start buzzing.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Mine stopped buzzing the day I took the plastics off of the bike ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to get that when my '06 was new. I took a look at the screws around the windshield and found some were tighter than others. So I backed each one out a couple of turns and tightened them in a star patter and the buzz went away.

The only noise I get now seems to come from the muffler (maybe a loose baffle inside it as it sounds metallic) but only at certain rpms. So, I just 'avoid the noid' and shift or change the throttle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've also had a buzzing sound coming from my '06. It started when I hit around 500 miles (now have 1100 miles) then left briefly and came back. It definitely is coming from the front of the bike, but seems to only happen when in gear and at around the same RPM's that you speak of. It's actually rather annoying... :-\ I'll have to check the windshield screws just to be sure but I'm pretty positive that its originating from somewhere lower.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is another thread on this but I can't find it. Cut a small piece of hose (1/4" diameter) down its length and fit it between the lower cowl and the radiator fan mounting plate. This solution worked a treat on my '96.

·
Registered
69 Posts
GeeperZ said:
There is another thread on this but I can't find it. Cut a small piece of hose (1/4" diameter) down its length and fit it between the lower cowl and the radiator fan mounting plate. This solution worked a treat on my '96.
Thank you very much for the tip!!!! I bet that's exactly where it's coming from!!! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
same thing happened to my bike when i first got it, turns out its the t shaped metal loop that holds the tach cable in place, electrical tape it at the base and the buzzing will stop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
nn04 said:
same thing happened to my bike when i first got it, turns out its the t shaped metal loop that holds the tach cable in place, electrical tape it at the base and the buzzing will stop.
That could be it as well. I'll have to take a look.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts