Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding home from school today and at one point, where there has been a lot of construction, I had to slow down and avoid a pot hole by moving to the far right of my lane. Apparently the cab behind me was in a hurry, and decided to pass me... in my lane![/color] The thing that really upset me, is we were in a downtown urban area, and passing one vehicle in that type of area isn't going to get anyone where they're going any faster.

I got the cab number, and called company when I got home to make a complaint. I got transferred to the "complaint department" and got a voice mail recording. I asked them to call me back, but of course they never did. I'm going to try again tomorrow, but I have a feeling I will just be wasting my time.

So I'm not surprised there are idiots out there with total disregard for the safety of others, but the fact that any effort I put into trying to hold someone accountable for their actions seems wasted is what really annoys me. This is the first time I've had someone intentionally show indifference towards my safety, and I'm going to remain diligent in making sure they are held liable.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Your city probably has a department that licenses and regulates the cab companies.A call to them would get some results,I bet.Glad it wasn't worse for you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Definitely call the city and note the complaint. I'm certain they will follow up with the company, at least they do around here.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
You'd be surprised what other, "Professional Drivers" do on the road...

Blown tire? Nah, just leave it scattered all over the road.
fully loaded 18 Wheelier? It's ok to follow another vehicle like you were driving a car...
Merge and then signal? 's alright...
Engine brake in town during the middle of the night? Hey, no worries...

It's revolting these idiots call themselves professional drivers. drivers they are, professionals they are not.

·
Registered
106 Posts
mfrankpdx said:
I was riding home from school today and at one point, where there has been a lot of construction, I had to slow down and avoid a pot hole by moving to the far right of my lane. Apparently the cab behind me was in a hurry, and decided to pass me... in my lane![/color] The thing that really upset me, is we were in a downtown urban area, and passing one vehicle in that type of area isn't going to get anyone where they're going any faster.

I got the cab number, and called company when I got home to make a complaint. I got transferred to the "complaint department" and got a voice mail recording. I asked them to call me back, but of course they never did. I'm going to try again tomorrow, but I have a feeling I will just be wasting my time.

So I'm not surprised there are idiots out there with total disregard for the safety of others, but the fact that any effort I put into trying to hold someone accountable for their actions seems wasted is what really annoys me. This is the first time I've had someone intentionally show indifference towards my safety, and I'm going to remain diligent in making sure they are held liable.
You could always post the phone number and cab number and we could have the first EX-500.com call-a-thon?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I think it'd be easier and more productive to just call them and compliment the driver every time you see one NOT do something stupid. In DC, I watch everything else around me with one eye and the other eye watches just the cabs.

The best part is the cabs basically get a free pass from being bothered by the cops - I've seen them switch lanes directly in front of a cop, slam on the brakes, and then turn on the hazards - all into an active lane of traffic - just to pick up a fare. The cop didn't blink an eye.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
^ We see the same situation as described over here in Montreal..

But this weekend, it's even worse... Since it's the F1 Grand Prix now everybody thinks they are a racecar driver..

I saw a Lamborghini Gallardo do a burnout on a full block passing a cop yesterday.. The cop didn't do anything.. He was busy on something else (didn't quite see, there was tons of peoples around) He did made a call on his CB though, hope it was for that... I saw the same car today, he was more calm ;)

Glad I didn't take my bike today :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts