Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so i have a helmet mount lipstick cam, but the footage was a little boring 'cause you don't lean your head with the bike, plus the mike got only wind noise over 10mph, even with tape over it.

So i bought a nicer Sony MiniDv camcorder (got it used for $80, retail $499) and mounted it to the tank bag and went for a Sunday ride but it shook way to much, though the shaking makes it look like you are doing 100mph while my tach says otherwise. :)

Anywho what that looks like is posted here on U-tube: (nothing fancy just riding around, the wood scene's are in a park so i have to keep the rpm's way low to keep the ParkPolice off my back)

(took it down 'cause it sucked but put up a better one, see next post)

So you can see why i just bought this:

http://www.newenoughhp.com/accessories/cameras_&_camera_mounts/power_stands/mantis_motorcycle_gas_tank_mounting_system.html

"PowerStands Mantis Gas Tank Mounting System
The Mantis will work with video and still cameras, GPS, and radar detectors
Securely fastens via gas cap bolts, still allows you full access to your gas cap
Adjustable anti-vibration suction cup provides additional support and stability
Full range of adjustments: Height, Forward, Backward, Angle Tilting, etc…
Position your gadgets ABOVE or BELOW the windscreen
Includes camera mounting bolt, and hook and loop pads"

Soon as it gets here I'll get some new footage and we'll see the difference.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, its here, but I didn't like the camera angle mounted the way they show you, it was too close to get a good shot of the road and the tach, so i mounted it facing the other way, went out for a quick spin, the footage is here on Utube: (compare it to the footage posted above, what a difference a good mount makes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXOZA2XjzXo

Can't grind the pegs though till I get my Fox shock rebuilt but having problems getting that done. (Fox not around anymore or what?)

Here's a shot of my helmet cam also.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and mounted the other way:

·
Registered
417 Posts
it cam in a lot better, but I would lke to know how you mixed to music with the video, I would really like to do that, I have a few short clip I would like to put together with some audio an make it better.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
shorty4444 said:
it cam in a lot better, but I would lke to know how you mixed to music with the video, I would really like to do that, I have a few short clip I would like to put together with some audio an make it better.
Windows movie maker will do it, as will iMovie and a host of other applications.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the stock XP movie maker

·
Registered
21 Posts
With it mounted "The Other way" will the camera fit fine? Will it bind with anything when in a heavy turn? I'm very interested in buying one.

Hahaha, and I love the advertisement on that link.

MSRP:$89.95, Our Price:$89.00

Wow $0.95 off the msrp, these guys are practically giving them away! lol

Anywho, I'm hoping a camera will fit fine up there cause my head usually goes on that back part of the tank. I'm gettin' some racing footage.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Love the tune you chose as the soundtrack! Reminds me of Ace Ventura! :)

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TRB said:
With it mounted "The Other way" will the camera fit fine? Will it bind with anything when in a heavy turn? I'm very interested in buying one.
Anywho, I'm hoping a camera will fit fine up there cause my head usually goes on that back part of the tank. I'm gettin' some racing footage.
Yeah fits fine and hits no where...

I've made 2 more since that one, one out by myself with a LOT of editing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnRR96odo1Y&mode=related&search=

and one a group ride with some idiots...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XciSSFJgyw

1 - 11 of 11 Posts