Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
It looks like the problems my EX500 is experiencing are caused by the carbs. I will be pulling the carbs here soon and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions for me? The bike has been sitting for a while and has some old fuel in it. I'm planning to remove and clean everything. Are there any carb rebuilt kits out there for a 2001 EX500? What about resetting all my settings back to stock, is this possible? How hard is it to sync them and are there any online resources I could read up on?

It feels (and smells) like my bike is running rich. I have an after market pipe and I believe the person who put it on must have done something with the carbs.

Thanks in advance!

-Dan

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Check in the engine section ;)

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
stock main jets are 130.
Pilots should be adjusted stock anyway, so follow the how to in the same section.
there are carb rebuild kits availible from Kawasaki.
Do a quick search for Carb Sync and you should be able to find the information you're looking for on this forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - I pulled the carbs and cleaned them thoroughly and the bike runs great now! No flat spots and the accelleration is really smooth. I did notice though that the jets are #126? Is this right?

·
Registered
19,635 Posts
It could be, Depending on what needles. If your needles are stock the 126s may be just right. the stock 130 are too rich on top (hense the FOG airbox mod) with the pilot screws properly adjusted it should run fine.

FOG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts