Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've cleaned the carbs, set the floats, pilots to 2.5 turns, FOG's Famous Airbox Mod and the bike is running well(choke works great now, too). I need to check the carb sync but I've never done it before. My manuals have nothing(Clymers, Kawi supplement). I've search for posts but still had some questions. I made a water manometer(the type using bottles so you can't suck the water in even if you don't know what you are doing). When I hooked it up (engine was warm) one side was stronger at idle, but when I opened the throttle a little it reversed and the other side was stronger. What is the actual rpm you are supposed to sync them at ? or is it possible to get them synced across the rpm band?(seems like that would be really hard). Any advice or help is welcome.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
This is a common thing. I usually set them with tension on the cables. What would you rather have a smooth Idle or a smooth runner .

FOG

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Actually any place thatlifts the throttles off the stop will do. Were only talking about torqueing the linkage. I not sure but some combination of the Idle stop screw and the sync screw should be able to balance the carbs on the stops too.

FOG

1 - 5 of 5 Posts