Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im going to be opening up my pilots a bit this weekend and ive heard horror stories of people messing up their carbs because they were not torqued down right. Does anyone have the torque specs for the carbs?

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
Whoa, relax a bit, as far as any torque settings for the carbs go there ain't any. they are held onto the engine by a set of rubber boots and C clamps and the carbs themselves are only Phillips screws. So just use a little un common sense. and you'll be fine. Do you know what to do with the pilot plugs and the proper way to adjust the pilot screws?

Search around here if you don't.

FOG

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
FOG said:
So just use a little un common sense. and you'll be fine.
FOG, I thought that with your experience you'd already knew that common sense isn't that common ;)

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
Frog said:
FOG said:
So just use a little un common sense. and you'll be fine.
FOG, I thought that with your experience you'd already knew that common sense isn't that common ;)
That's exactly why I said what I said.

FOG

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FOG said:
Whoa, relax a bit, as far as any torque settings for the carbs go there ain't any. they are held onto the engine by a set of rubber boots and C clamps and the carbs themselves are only Phillips screws. So just use a little un common sense. and you'll be fine. Do you know what to do with the pilot plugs and the proper way to adjust the pilot screws?

Search around here if you don't.

FOG
Yeah, just looking at them i didnt think there was anything that dramatic, but one of my friends mentioned it a few days ago and im 30 miles from my bike and cant mess with it until friday. As far as the plugs and pilot screws, i drill out the plugs, tighten the pilot screws untill they seat, then unscrew them 2.5 full rotations correct?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts