Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I been having issues keeping my bike started after I did a carb clean. It usually dies out as soon as I give it throttle. I cleaned the pilots again and same thing. I was getting into a let's try anything mode so I covered the end of the top vent hose on the carb and tried starting to see what happens. Well, it runs and it will stay running after I rev it. Runs normal. I leave it uncovered and it dies out. Any reason why this would happen???

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I been having issues keeping my bike started after I did a carb clean. It usually dies out as soon as I give it throttle. I cleaned the pilots again and same thing. I was getting into a let's try anything mode so I covered the end of the top vent hose on the carb and tried starting to see what happens. Well, it runs and it will stay running after I rev it. Runs normal. I leave it uncovered and it dies out. Any reason why this would happen???
I actually covered the top vent hose on mine as well thinking it would pull fuel to the carbs , but with no luck

·
Registered
845 Posts
Some I can think of:
  • Very high float level
  • Float valve not sealing
  • Vacuum leak

·
Registered
924 Posts
OP note try to keep all your questions to one thread it is easier to follow your progress. than have several all open at once.

I am sure the mods would not object to different base topics in the same thread if it supplies continuity for a ongoing bike (rebuild) thread.

·
Super Moderator
14,921 Posts
"I am sure the mods would not object to different base topics in the same thread if it supplies continuity for a ongoing bike (rebuild) thread".

There's no compulsion to micromanage content as thousands of other threads that ramble within will attest. Have at it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
thanks. I assumed that was the case but thought it worth mentioning. the OP has several threads in different sections far better to just deal with all the issues on one thread one item at a time. then moving on to the next. until all the issues are fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts