Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying a 90 ex500 that has 6,000 miles on it. The owner guarentees me it will run after I fix the carberator. He tells me it as been sitting and is like new. This will be my first motorcycle so I know nothing about them. he is selling it for 1500 and I dont know if this is reasonable or not? I am wondering what it takes to fix a carberator if it has been sitting? any advice guys?

·
Registered
19,635 Posts
Totally unreasonable.
If it were running perfectlly it would only be worth 5-600.

FOG

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man am i glad i found this forum... thanks man for the heads up... i will look elsewhere.... Im actually just trying to get a bike to ride for a bit until I can get together the parts I need to convert it to electric =)...found an interesting web site...do a search for el ninja.. where is a good place to get a rolling chassis.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It depends where you are from..

In Quebec if it would be running right this would be the market price..

Keep us posted for the el Ninja conversion :)

Check here for electric bikes, there's a couple of posts concerning these.

·
Registered
19,635 Posts
Yes, He didn't say where he is. I gave him the New England price. Where Exs are plentiful. Then too those Canuck Dollars is Smaller.

FOG

·
Registered
19,635 Posts
I still think not.

FOG

·
Registered
23 Posts
I only paid 4500 new with a warranty for my 07 just a couple months ago but they had several 03-06 in the paper for 1500 w lower miles in good shape, I just didnt know how they were broke in. Generally if it was only ridden 500-2000 miles and sold then chances are it wasnt maint. right or broke in right. Just my experience.
Oh and im in Kansas City and a 90 would be about 6-700 bucks running good

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would probably have a mechanic check out the carbs...and if all is well offer him no more than $1200, depending on other items (brakes, clutch, fork seals, chain). Paid $1600 for my '94 EX500, when he was asking $2000...he accepted.

EM

p.s. Is this the same DMC that used to ride Haro?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the replies everyone. I have decided to look elsewhere and not mess with something that already has problems no matter how small i am told they are. Plus i really need to drive away in it and not trailer it home. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts