Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was just wondering which of these "gas lines" are the ones that go t9 the fuel tank, thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
the one on the left of the carb goes to the petcock vacuum line. The larger one between the carbs on the fuel rail goes to the petcock for fuel

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So could i just cap off the line all the way to the right, give fuel to the middle line thats alittle transparent, and the one on the right leave it tucked away?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Did you do the pair delete? If so then cap off the one on the right, if not that goes to the pair system.

Middle to the main fuel on the petcock (may want to change that line and add the Kawasaki inline filter in the carb fuel rail).

The left goes to the vacuum on the petcock.

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
the light brown transparent line is the carb VENT line. Must remain free to do so. Do not plug, kink, tie wrap, insert bolt into....etc etc. Route it up, back, over the rear side of the airbox (purposely in dead air)

The big thick hose going to the lower (fuel) rail gets connected to petcock fuel output.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so this line (the brownish one) has to be left open somwhere in the airbox, would it be ok just to let it sit around or does it need to be in dead air like u said.

And this line is the actual fuel line that then attaches to the fuel rail correct? (i have a filter for it btw)

My last question is what are the 2 black lines that come from each carb, i didnt fully understand what they do and where their put on the bike since i didnt look carfully where eachline was when i took it off, if someone could tell me, thx

·
Registered
380 Posts
Left to the bottom of the petcock and tight to the pair system. I think I've said that a few times now....

Your petcock has two nipples right? (Wow that sounds funny when you just say that out loud). The one that goes backwards and is larger does to the fuel rail. The smaller one that points down is the left carb vacuum.

The right carb does to the pair system .

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks, so the line coming from the right carb looking at from where the air would go can be tapped off? Im not sure where the pair system is but i remmebr u saying i can tap it off. Will this affect anything major?

·
Registered
380 Posts
It's only clamped off if you remove the pair system.

Search for lamp pair removal or check out this:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok
It's only clamped off if you remove the pair system.

Search for lamp pair removal or check out this:
ok, do u have a picture to where the pair tube would go? I forgot where i took it out and dont look to go through the trouble of buying and installing a pair delete kit, thanks for ur gelp!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't have one, I removed my pair system , but some searching will find what you're looking for in sure!

There is probably one nipple in the pair system with nothing on it, so that would be a good place to start .

·
Super Moderator
14,784 Posts
disregard the dust/dirt...its the pair hoses/valve

ge5.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts