Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation: Cylinder 1 showing 90psi, cylinder 2 showing 60pis.

Symptoms: repeated overheating and coolant bubbling in expansion bottle and leaking out of overflow pipe.

Would I be right in thinking this is a warped head causing the low compression, and the coolant bubbling and overflowing, or could it be something else?

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
Situation: Cylinder 1 showing 90psi, cylinder 2 showing 60pis.

Symptoms: repeated overheating and coolant bubbling in expansion bottle and leaking out of overflow pipe.

Would I be right in thinking this is a warped head causing the low compression, and the coolant bubbling and overflowing, or could it be something else?
you would be correct.
look in the how too section for the fix.

FOG

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that could be the most likely cause. have you done a wet test on it.
Unfortunately this is a report from the workshop it is in as I am not capable enough to repair the vast array of issues with my bike. Basic maintenance I can do, but that's about it

·
Registered
19,445 Posts
Please print out a copy of my article in the how too section on lapping the head. Take to the shop and offer it as guidance from one who knows.

Fog

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you would be correct.
look in the how too section for the fix.

FOG
As above to yorkie, I am not capable of repairing something of that nature properly, and my mechanical inexperience would like result in further issues. Fortunately a workshop have the bike and are going to do the work for me, along with a number of other things that need to be sorted that are outwith my capabilities.
Thanks for confirming though - at least this way I can call them out if they try to tell me something different
Please print out a copy of my article in the how too section on lapping the head. Take to the shop and offer it as guidance from one who knows.

Fog
Great idea! Many thanks for that FOG. Much appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts