Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all.
I just got a center stand because a PO removed it for a Muzzy exhaust. Since I'm replacing that, I decided to replace the center stand. But now that it's attached, it's clashing with the chain and the rubber stopper is nowhere near anything. Am I possibly mounting it wrong?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
779 Posts
no it is not mounted wrong it is supposed to be like that . that rubber stop rests on the underside of the left exhaust to keep it away from the chain.
when you remove the stock exhaust for 2 into one it tends to run down the right hand side where there is no rubber. most aftermarket (made for the EX) exhausts provide an additional rubber mounted on the pipe to hold the stand from the other side.
if the pipe is not EX specific it will not have any way to hold the stand away from the chain. you will either have to put on an exhaust that holds the stand away from the chain. or get creative with a home made bracket to do the job.
below is photo of the bracket (right side) fitted to the Motad system that does this job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no it is not mounted wrong it is supposed to be like that . that rubber stop rests on the underside of the left exhaust to keep it away from the chain.
when you remove the stock exhaust for 2 into one it tends to run down the right hand side where there is no rubber. most aftermarket (made for the EX) exhausts provide an additional rubber mounted on the pipe to hold the stand from the other side.
if the pipe is not EX specific it will not have any way to hold the stand away from the chain. you will either have to put on an exhaust that holds the stand away from the chain. or get creative with a home made bracket to do the job.
below is photo of the bracket (right side) fitted to the Motad system that does this job. View attachment 51904
Thank you very much for the info. Thankfully, the Delkevic system I'm going to be installing has the stopper built onto the mid pipe. Now I'm just waiting on some flanges to arrive in the mail and I'll be all set.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the Delkevic system on my bike.
When fitting the exhaust make sure everything is lined up nicely before tightening all the bolts. The link pipe to the left hand silencer is the bit that has the centre stand stopper fitted to it so do that side first and make sure the stand hits the stopper, then when you are lining up the right hand side link pipe make sure it's the same angle or the silencers will be at different heights.
Previous owner of my bike didn't pay much attention when fitting the exhaust so it looked a bit odd until I corrected it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Delkevic system on my bike.
When fitting the exhaust make sure everything is lined up nicely before tightening all the bolts. The link pipe to the left hand silencer is the bit that has the centre stand stopper fitted to it so do that side first and make sure the stand hits the stopper, then when you are lining up the right hand side link pipe make sure it's the same angle or the silencers will be at different heights.
Previous owner of my bike didn't pay much attention when fitting the exhaust so it looked a bit odd until I corrected it.
I got a single pipe system, but that advice is still very helpful, thank you. I'll make sure everything plays nicely together before I tighten it down.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts