Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Ninja 500r
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have recently purchased a 2003 and for whatever reason one of the previous owners has removed the center stand. From what I have read the only reason to do that would be if you had installed an aftermarket exhaust. From what I can tell I have the stock exhaust on my bike. Regardless, I'm looking for a new center stand on ebay. I have found that the cheapest of them are made prior to '94 before the update. I haven't been able to find an answer as to whether a pre '94 center stand will fit onto a post '94 bike or vice versa. Can anyone who has possibly been through this chime in? Can't seem to find anything in the clymer manual, here is what wikipedia pulls up, no mention of the center stand:

any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
1987-2009 all the same. Not much techno advancement in centerstands.

Reactions: tonykz1

·
Registered
2003 Ninja 500r
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good thanks. I didn't think there would be any differences but I wanted to make sure before buying.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Does your bike have an aftermarket exhaust?

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Okay, just checking, most aftermarket exhaust system require removal of the centerstand.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Lucky you, I have on one of mine the V&H. Single muffler, on the right side, no center stand.

I do put it back in for service times.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
yeah that is why I supplied the photo. usually a 2 into has the can on the right. but the stand parks via the stock left hand can. when this isn't used the stand hits the chain. and the reason most just remove the stand instead of using a work around. but the Motad is designed to fit the bike on purpose. so it has the stand stop integrated on the can so it holds it from the right side. this system also fits with the belly pan in place without burning it. another part often ditched when fitting a 2 into 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts