Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wanting to know how i could change my headlight color on my 07 500R? and around what it would cost to buy a slip on's? thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Do you actually meen changing the color,or just making it brighter,slipons will run anywhere from 250 to 500+ dollors depending on what you want to go with.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i can change the color and make it brighter i would like to do that but if not maybe just change the color and could you put me to the right websites that are some good slip on's

·
Registered
169 Posts
I think the bike accepts a H4 bulb right?

If thats the case, you could replace it with Osram silverstars, or if you really wanted it, an HID kit. I'm not certain that I'm right about the bulb, and it may have changed at some point in the ninja's model run. In any case, it *is* removable, so you can replace it with something more powerful and/or fruitily colored. Somebody confirm!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I know a guy that will make you a projector headlight, all you need is about 350 bucks and a spare headlight to send to him. His work is amazing, we talked about doing one for me but funding is a bit low right now. If you wanna know more I can dig up some pics and his contact information.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
maverick9611 said:
here is another site to get the bulbs. the other site must have went belly up
ebay item #250091312525
H4 (9003) - 100W/90W

100w/12v=8.3A (wow... that's a lot of amperage, also heat)
90w/12v=7.5A (not bad if it was the high beam... but it's the low beam so also wow...)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can anyone confirm that it is an H4 for the size?

Also do you lose high or low beams with these lights?

·
Registered
253 Posts
no on high its really bright. on low bright. simple ya? :p
hey i like mine its yellow ,different, and peeps notice it alot better. what have ya got to lose?>that's what biking is about trying different things. u do want to be different i presume?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Knightslugger's definitely got the old wise saying there. Don't stick a different colored light on and think you've fixed the problem cycle riders have been battling since the first car vs bike accident.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oh, I know better than to assume that. I am not going just for a different color I am going for brighter so I can see better and so I be seen by a few more people. I know enough to know that the only way to survive is assume that no one sees you.

·
Registered
169 Posts
the H4 bulb is a combined hi-low, any h4 you stick in there will have that dual functionality.

Is the bikes electrical system and reflector up to the task of dealing with a 90/100w bulb?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts