Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Has anyone attempted this

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently undergone a major transformation on my upper,lower fairing. Stock standard fairings look nice,but want full front fairing. just dont like the gap between upper and lower fairing. Thinking of a way to fill this gap, is there any after market fairing will resolve my problem. I know if i change upper and lower fairing to another year or model, i will have to change or modify brackets. Has anyone attempted this. MY BIKE IS A 1987 KAWASAKI EX 500

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
First off : Hello and welcome here jodyfowler3 :)

Sorry I can't offer any advice on this, I personnally don't like fixing/reshaping plastics (don't have nearly enough patience) a lot of folks will be able to offer guidance here and I bid you good luck on this project.

Don't forget to keep us updated ;D

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Yeah i bought my lower back in '88, doubt it's made anymore.....I love it....

[attachment deleted by admin]

S

·
0 Posts
wolf66 said:
Yeah i bought my lower back in '88, doubt it's made anymore.....I love it....
What tail did you use? You've possibly found the only tail section worse looking than stock!

·
Registered
633 Posts
no promises, but Ive been very much contemplating making a custom set for myself out of fiber glass, ive done some glass work before and making a mold and pulling parts from it isn't that hard, just time consuming.

Draw me a better picture of what you want, and I'll be able to let you know how doable it is. Again no promises, but it is something to look in to.

S

·
0 Posts
Jason said:
F-2 tail piece
Well after a little time now it makes me think of a Ducati which isn't so bad. How many times have you been aksed what bike you're riding?

·
Registered
192 Posts
looks like he swapped out the front end too... the brake rotor is on the right side... the Gen1's are on the left.. hmm. i dont thing i want a full fairing on the EX. its plastics are pretty fricken unique

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
furyskater911 said:
looks like he swapped out the front end too... the brake rotor is on the right side... the Gen1's are on the left..
yeah its a '89 GSXR-750 front end, 43mm forks. right-sideup, cartridge type, I was running just one caliper at the track in frt but am ramping it back up to 2 for street use...2 Nissin calipers OTW from Ebay, plus some new stainless lines. I have a stainless setup for only one side now and can't go back to squishy rubber lines...
(if u look closely u can see I have no caliper on the right side, just put the right disc on to be ready....)

I don't like the rear too much myself, am in the process of bidding on a different one off ebay, most likely will get a Ducati biposto tail......

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
My lower was made by Telefix if i recall right, it seems they still make EX lower fairings but there is no picture on this site:

http://www.spec2.com/lower.html

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Mine had about 50.000 somewhere in the mid 90's when it went racing full time and lost the odometer.....then I parked it for 10 years...
I am trying to think what is original on it.....the frame, which has been beefed up, and I think the bar end controls are original....tailight too...

tank, motor, swingarm, front end, wheels, brakes, rear subsection, tail, are all not original...(heck, half aren't even Kawasaki!)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
What have you traded the tank for ?

Did it fit right away or did you had to modify it ?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Frog said:
What have you traded the tank for ?

Did it fit right away or did you had to modify it ?
naw, its a EX tank, just not the original...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Ah, for a second there you got me hoping I could get extra range by going with a bigger one.. Thanks anyways :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts