Votes: 0 0.0%
  • changes

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to try and get some new fairings for my bike. i want new front and rear ones. not the stock looking ones but some nice sharp looking ones. ne one know where i can get some.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I have been toying with this for awhile. nothing is out of reach if you have the time and skill to create mounting points. I was told someone put ZX10 bodywork on a 500 once, but never saw it. I'm trying to figure out a way to install the bodywork from a 600 Hurricane on mine, since it seems to be the only stuff that will really fit and look nice to me.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
Heh, well, if you want a supersport look, you're gonna have to do some retrofitting. the only fairings that match up to the ex500 are Kawasaki's and Airtech (made off Kawasaki's design).

it wont be easy, that's for sure.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am trying to do the same thing to mine... I was looking at the Targa Ex500 full fairing. Unfortunately they cost about $500 brand new and all it does is cover the bottom part of the engine... Let me know if you find anything cool. I'm gonna go look for zx10 parts...

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
track stuff is basically the same as street plastics, except they dont have lights or cutouts for them, and the belly pan usually has an oil containment deal goin on for racing.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
yup, basically. if you find cheap ones, they are usually crappy and nothing lines up even on the bike it was made for... might be your best route.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
On the "father-in-law crash" thread, he mentioned about using bodywork from a 600 (I forget which one) instead of the stock plastic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts