Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, as you see in the pictures below I am changing out my front forks because they are bent and lower triple for good measure. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or any reminders for me. This is my first time doing this job. Is there any pertinent particular piece of information that I must know or be aware of? Or is it a simple take off put back on job. It was quite easy taking it off.

p.S is there any place that thing im
Holding in my fingers in the first picture goes. It fell down from the bike but couldnt tell from where when i was taking off the forks and triple. Or maybe thats from something else. Just curious if anyone knows that too if not its okay ill try my bedt to see where it came from

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
"p.S is there any place that thing im Holding in my fingers in the first picture goes. It fell down from the bike but couldnt tell from where when i was taking off the forks and triple.
Or maybe thats from something else. Just curious if anyone knows that too if not its okay ill try my bedt to see where it came from"

Looks like an ignition coil spacer: part # 92027-103, collar, 6.8 X 10 X 6.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"p.S is there any place that thing im Holding in my fingers in the first picture goes. It fell down from the bike but couldnt tell from where when i was taking off the forks and triple.
Or maybe thats from something else. Just curious if anyone knows that too if not its okay ill try my bedt to see where it came from"

Looks like an ignition coil spacer: part # 92027-103, collar, 6.8 X 10 X 6.
wow you are right! Haha itook Off coils a little while back and forgot that one fell off, never saw where it fell. But there it is! Haha thanks man

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
Don't assume your new lower triple is straight. hold the stem in a vise and fit the forks to the triple . clamp them tight and see if both tubes are parallel. to each other and to the stem. I never saw a set of used triples that was .
if your's are not, you can bend them with a little help from a torch. the leveraged of the tube alone provides enough force to do the job.
they are made of the very minimum of metal.
after assembly do the "Rocking the forks"

FOG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts