Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting a new set of tires anyone know how much shops are charging to switch tires or is it worth doing myself, if so how would i go about doing this thanks

S

·
0 Posts
You will pay $15-30/tire, and that should be mounted and balanced. It is possible to do yourself, and there is a rather lengthy discussion on it somewhere around here. I would just have a shop do it though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just had a new set of tires installed, went with the Bridgestone BT45 front and rear in the stock size. Best price on line I could find was American Motorcycle Tire. I am in the Los Angeles area, the local motorcycle tire shop is just like a major car tire chain, M/C Tireworks in North Hills, CA they will match the internet price with delivery charges. Front tire $87.73 Rear $94.61 mounting is free with a loose wheel, California tire tax $3.50 Disposal $4 Balance $10 each sales tax $15.04. Total out the door $224.88. Why the BT45 ? They had it in stock and it is the lowest price of stock size tires. This is my second rear and first new tire in 16,000 miles. I use the bike to commute to work, 40 miles a day, run at about 80 all freeway. Stock front made it and was still OK to run, stock rear and BT45 hit the wear bar at 7,000 miles, I ran them to 8,000 which was to the bottom of the grooves in the tire. BT45 front has a better ride than the stock front, but it was wearing in a diamond shape.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts