Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It works wonders on my car, should I try it in smaller quantites on my bike?

-Gagi

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
never tried it. ive used seafoam a bunch though.

i swear, if i werent so sure it would kill me, id put seafoam in my coffee.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ehh a little death won't hurt ya just build character LOL

·
Registered
19,366 Posts
Normally I'd call this stuff Snakeoil and avoid it as un necessary. But because the EX has those tiny holes in the Pilot jets that just love to plug up, I would say go for it. It might just keep them open. However I don't mean to imply that it might be a fix for plugged pilots.

FOG

·
Registered
253 Posts
snake oil eh?anyways FOG'S right keep the pilot jets clear.install a fuel filter and change every year whether it needs it or not. your ex will thank you for it!!! :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 12 Gallon bottle is $10, so I figure that should last the small EX tank at least three cleanings. Chevron says to use the cleaner every 3K miles or something like that. For $10 I think its worth a try.

-Gagi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I know yes, but I’m just guessing based on the fact that I got a new 2005 500R. I have had the shop take care of all the maintenance since I have no garage.

-Gagi

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
speaking of fuel filters, does anyone have a link for a good one? i got one on my bike, but it was put on by the PO, i have no idea what kind it is or whatever... need to replace this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts