Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah once i hit that 25 mark, my rates dropped drastically.

M

·
0 Posts
triple88a said:
Masta Squidge said:
Common bike that gets crashed by newbies... Thats rich.
Thats what the statistics show man, not much i can do about that.
Well Im not saying it isnt true, just not what I typically see around here. Far more commonly around here you see idiots on liter bikes who have never ridden anything in their life prior. Usually they get some wrecked 1000 from a friend for cheap, put it together with zip ties then crash it at 95 mph in a parking lot.

M

·
0 Posts
cashmoney said:
Yeah once i hit that 25 mark, my rates dropped drastically.
Next monday they should come down a bit with my MSF done and class M regular license. Then another year and I hit 25.

·
Registered
104 Posts
M class and safety course will help alot....But i am with progressive and for full coverage is only 300-440 a year...i cant remember exactly...for 21 yo

M

·
0 Posts
triple88a said:
1 speeding ticket for 1-14 over 4 years ago which is not on my record any more, no other tickets, no accidents...etc so no actually a great record.
Some companies look back farther than 4 years.

Your "record" and your "MVR" are two different sheets of paper. You never lose something from your record, they just stop paying attention to it after X amount of time.

I pay almost 900 a year for my 500, but almost 500 of that is medical coverage. So I guess I'm not too bad. Of course, that is only for liability...

·
Registered
252 Posts
How will having the M class or MSF course done help insurance rates? I have neither and am paying dirt cheap for full coverage. Just curious.

M

·
0 Posts
cashmoney said:
How will having the M class or MSF course done help insurance rates? I have neither and am paying dirt cheap for full coverage. Just curious.
Well... being a licensed rider, and having taken an approved safety course generally make for less accidents... Of course this is not strictly true in both cases, but it makes you look better to them.

Getting the MSF course completed was a "10 to 20 percent decrease in rates" according to my insurance agent. The guy is a dipshit though, and never mentioned any change I might have just for having a license. Its likely that you dont get a "discount" for having it, but you probably have an increased premium for NOT having it.

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah, its been over a week and my policy still says I dont have an endorsement and my riders course discount is not listed.

Tomorrow afternoon the insurance guy is getting a visit.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Statefarm doesnt give discounts for completing the safety course.

M

·
0 Posts
triple88a said:
Statefarm doesnt give discounts for completing the safety course.
but progressive does.

Statefarm better have damn good rates and coverage to make up that them shenanigans though.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I second that medical coverage. Insurance for the 500 should not be expensive at all. Look at prgressive guys, it is a massive savings over statefarm.....And here is a neat tidbit of info....If anyone was in the military or has family in the military look at USAA they over great insurance and for an even better rate.

Side note* Anybody been riding around the O'hare area, want to meet up and go for a cruise?

·
Registered
252 Posts
lifehousee said:
I second that medical coverage. Insurance for the 500 should not be expensive at all. Look at prgressive guys, it is a massive savings over statefarm.....And here is a neat tidbit of info....If anyone was in the military or has family in the military look at USAA they over great insurance and for an even better rate.

Side note* Anybody been riding around the O'hare area, want to meet up and go for a cruise?
Progressive was nearly triple for auto insurance for me compared to state farm, homeowners was almost double, so i didn't bother having them quote a bike.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Masta Squidge said:
Statefarm better have damn good rates and coverage to make up that them shenanigans though.
as i said 1k per year for liability.

M

·
0 Posts
jmanrunner said:
Masta Squidge said:
I pay almost 900 a year for my 500, but almost 500 of that is medical coverage. So I guess I'm not too bad. Of course, that is only for liability...
If you have alternate health insurance...
I dont.

But I took my MSF and have my class M and that resulted in a drop of almost 150 dollars for this year's total premium. Dropped me 16 dollars a month for the remaining 8 months on the policy.

Next year I am looking somewhere else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys i'm a new rider from lombard, right now i just turned 18 i only pay 300/year with progressive but i do get the msf course discount from them.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Gamble90 said:
Just got mine last night :)
Congrats! Maybe we will have a meetup and cruise on Lake Shore drive... My EX comes out of hibernation this weekend.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts