Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch cable (more accurately the ferrule on the lever end) snapped last night on the way back from work. Luckily I was carrying what I thought was a spare - which i'd bought a few years ago - definitely advertised as a 'GPZ500 1994-2006 clutch cable'! But the length seems to be much shorter. Threading it through the same path results in it falling short by about 10cm:
Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system Machine

Problem 2: At the lever end the metal tubing on the new cable seems to have a lip on it which prevents it from fitting into the adjuster nut. I might just buy another OEM one to get it asap, but am I missing an obvious trick here that sorts out problems 1 and 2?
Electrical wiring Gas Cable Motor vehicle Rim

Bonus problem: At the clutch end, I can't for love nor money get the other ferule out of the release lever housing. I had to leave it at work and didn't have any lubricants or oils to leave on it, but it just wouldn't come out of the slot. Any tips welcome. When I go back i'll tool up properly, but I thought this bit would have come out easily, i even rotated the lever pivot so that it was facing out.
Gesture Auto part Bumper Monochrome photography Font

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, i've got a pyramid parts one on the way so that should do the trick. @po18guy you don't happen to have a clearer pic of the tab that i should be bending do you?

If it's like this I would have thought it would come out easier

Font Parallel Coil spring Sugar substitute Drawing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts