Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator kit for my EX500 bike today in the mail.

The instructions were a little sparse (one sheet that says things like 1. remove seat, 2 remove rear fender ) etc.

Before I start this project, are there any "tips" from members that have installed the kit already ?

Also, has anyone painted the fender eliminator or is it recommended to leave it the original "metal" finish.

Thanks for you help in advance....

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have it on my bike and it is really simple once u start taking stuff off.. I left mine metal, you really don't see it once it is on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gman said:
I got a Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator kit for my EX500 bike today in the mail.

The instructions were a little sparse (one sheet that says things like 1. remove seat, 2 remove rear fender ) etc.

Before I start this project, are there any "tips" from members that have installed the kit already ?

Also, has anyone painted the fender eliminator or is it recommended to leave it the original "metal" finish.

Thanks for you help in advance....
can't help ya, but i did mine the super cheap way. (i don't have stock turn signals) i cut the fender, and moved the plate up to where the reflector used to be. it looks pretty good

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just pay attention to what screws/bolts went where, and make sure you plug the turn signals back in correctly.

the metal box is galvanized so it won't rust, and its basically hidden from view.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's done ! I installed the competition werkes fender eliminator today. I posted some pictures in the user gallery page, under Gman.

I'm happy with the look without the fender. The bike looks more like a sport bike now. With the fender it looked too tame.

I must be slow because it took me about an hour and a half to install it today. I saved the fender in case I sell the bike. Here's the bike before the fender removed

here's a phot after removing the fender looks much better now !

·
Registered
405 Posts
I made mine out of some old 2x4 brackets I had lying around. cheaper, as in free, but it doesnt have the factory finished look.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lacessit said:
Hey Gman.. lookin' nice, got a rearview?
Here's the "rear" view. It's a L A R G E image, but show's the detail.

With fender

Without fender

Best view of the non existent fender

1 - 14 of 14 Posts