Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, anybody interested in a 1st gen seat replacement from Corbin? I bought one unwittingly from Ebay...It looked right, freshly recovered...but the pan just doesn't match up with the 2006. I can send it back, but I was going to see if anyone on here was interested. I paid $250 plus shipping.

As I said, I can send it back for refund, but am in a position now where I would be willing to let it go for less so that somebody that really wants/needs it will get it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey, sorry for the confusion. I am in Kentucky. I will have to pay for shipping back to sender, and probably not get a full refund, so I am looking at (as far as a return): Paid 250 +taks and shipping - total 306. Sending it back - $46, now we are at 352, and I think I can get back 250. SO...
If you want for 200 + shipping I would be glad get out with a 50 dollar loss rather than 100. Or whatever it might end up with tax returned. I am not trying to make any money, It seems to be a super nice seat. I have a Corbin coming from Ebay that is stamped with the correct code, just needs to be recovered. Please don't make me buy a motorcycle to fit this nice seat!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I will gladly take that seat off your hands. I'll message you in just a minute.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Looks awesome! Saw it on ebay, have never seen a Corbin re-covered using screws to secure the cover. Can you let us know Saabnut how those screws work when you get the seat? I have one i need to re-cover and would use screws instead of rivets if they seem like they work just as well as rivets.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I'll do my best to remember to post up how they've held up over time. Seat is going on soon as it arrives, so I should have a 1,000 miles in after that in no time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea, the seat didn't fit, so went right back into the box! Saabnut sent a pic, and the edge is torn, now. Not sure how good a job the guy on Ebay did recovering it. He said he redid and the owner didn't pay. I did, however get a newer Corbin, that does fit a second gen for 100 bucks with free shipping from Ebay. It will need to be recovered, but...the original seat is so squishy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts