Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just ordered my new corbin seat... just wondering those of you out there that ordered it about how long did it take for you to receive it

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm less than an hours drive from Corbin. Apparently they have a restuarant on site and if you drive down they will make the seat while you eat your burrito.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See... I am more then a day from either of the two corbin facs...(although I could use some burritos)hmmm nah... I will wait for the UPS guy.. haha

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Didn't they tell you how long it was going to take ? They are on time with their guesstimates . I Ordered mine about right before Christmas and it took me about a month to get it . But they told me it would be after the first of the year because of Christmas.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks "2dogs"...

Lucky.. I ordered the seat late on a friday.. I got a order confirmation email but I am thinking that maybe I will or could get a better idea on monday sometime

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Jkrup47 said:
Thanks "2dogs"...

Lucky.. I ordered the seat late on a friday.. I got a order confirmation email but I am thinking that maybe I will or could get a better idea on monday sometime
They hand make em' , so it'll take a couple of days/weeks for them to send your email that they have shipped it . It all depends on their work load at the time . For me ordering at the busiest time of year , I thought 1month was more than fair . If you really want to know how long just give em' a call , they are very friendly people . Also , when you get it , you'll have to take the brackets off the bottom of you stock seat . They don't come with you new seat .

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
one qwik one...

calling them.. since I am in Pa.. shoulda I call the florida one or the cali one...

·
Registered
6 Posts
How expensive is the corbin seat? Is there an alternative to the "Gunfighter & Lady Saddle" seat, that retails at $299? I could have sworn there was a $140-160 alternative about a year ago....

Btw, good purchase regardless of price and enjoy your seat!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dunno on the alternative.. I think I have seen some people just shave their stocker down or i think Sargent.. or something like that..

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Jkrup47 said:
one qwik one...

calling them.. since I am in Pa.. shoulda I call the florida one or the cali one...
Call the Cali Office , thats where they make em' at .
And the only other seat they make for the EX is the Gunfighter . I'm sure it cost the same tho . Only difference is the rear seat is shaped like a rear cowl (made for 1up).

·
Registered
270 Posts
I like that seat maverik but do those bar end mirrors actually work ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
about 3 weeks, but worth the wait. I love mine!

·
Registered
68 Posts
red_LED said:
How expensive is the corbin seat? Is there an alternative to the "Gunfighter & Lady Saddle" seat, that retails at $299? I could have sworn there was a $140-160 alternative about a year ago....

Btw, good purchase regardless of price and enjoy your seat!
It seems there was a URL i saw as well that was less than 200 bucks also, but cant find it. I think there was a link to a post about it on the old site. I did see a cheap cover on ebay Item number: 270056609548 that you could leave your stock alone and add some gel or memory foam under it, There is another post about it on here.Custom Seat Creations is the ebay store he has several seat covers to choice from. I know you are looking for another seat but thought i would throw that out there. I HATE my stock seat, kills my skinny a$$ but cant see spending over 300 on a seat, Hollywood on here took his to a local upholstery shop for 100 bucks with memory foam and it looks better imo than the corbins.

·
Registered
530 Posts
WPG said:
...I HATE my stock seat, kills my skinny a$$ but cant see spending over 300 on a seat...
Next to gear, I think the seat is the most important mod.. if you're not comfortable on the bike, what's the point? That $300 was the best money I've spent on my bike (followed by a touring screen).

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Lacessit said:
WPG said:
...I HATE my stock seat, kills my skinny a$$ but cant see spending over 300 on a seat...
Next to gear, I think the seat is the most important mod.. if you're not comfortable on the bike, what's the point? That $300 was the best money I've spent on my bike (followed by a touring screen).
I totally aree with the seat . Now if i'd just remember to get that damn screen. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts