Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I finally got my new corbin seat.. Looks great, but one thing.. Holy Crap this thing must way about 20lbs compared to like 2 for the factory seat. Anyone else whos got one does yours way that much too?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep, my Corbin probably weighs 3x as much as the stock seat. It will take a couple of thousand miles before your butt is comfortable in it too. So don't give up on the seat too soon...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Same with mine. Maybe 2-3x heavier, but easily 5-10x more comfy.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Yep they are heavy . That means you lose 5 hp for weight , and gain 10 hp for the comfort . Tell us....was it worth the $329 ?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just took a few pics and a short ride on it today.. before work and let me tell you what.. wow already i notice a difference if nothing else not sliding back upon accel, and keeping the family off the tank.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Motorcycle.... thousands of dollars.
Corbin seat... hundreds of dollars.
Fuel for the bike... several dollars.

"Keeping the family off the tank".... priceless. ;D

Reactions: Jcmbruce

·
Registered
130 Posts
:D I was going to comment but I had never heard of that phrase until now.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Jkrup47 said:
Just took a few pics and a short ride on it today.. before work and let me tell you what.. wow already i notice a difference if nothing else not sliding back upon accel, and keeping the family off the tank.

1. What a sexy looking bike... looks just like mine. ;D
2. Not sliding around, especially up onto the tank is the second greatest aspect to the Corbin.
3. The greatest aspect is being able to outlast a tank of gas.

Congrats on the new seat, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Just got mine today,,wish I'd seen that smooth leather like yours as an option, I like it better. Mine is the "classic", woven type pattern. Even finding our model from their website was a chore, if you look up Kawasaki models it's not listed, don't even remember how I found it...
Anyway, they took my height/weight/inseam when I ordered, but it positions me quite a bit farther back than the stock seat, so it's really a stretch to the bars now. No refunds so I guess I better get used to it. :-\

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I got mine in the Leather Carbon Fiber W/Candy Red piping (so i just had my bike painted candy apple too..pics to come) . You do sit back alittle farther , but it does keep the "family" off the tank .

·
Registered
722 Posts
RedEX said:
Just got mine today,,wish I'd seen that smooth leather like yours as an option, I like it better. Mine is the "classic", woven type pattern. Even finding our model from their website was a chore, if you look up Kawasaki models it's not listed, don't even remember how I found it...

corbin.com>shop corbin>kawasaki>ninja(ZXmodels)>scroll down to 94+Ninja 500

http://corbin.com/kawasaki/ninja5002.shtml

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hhhm, well one man's "long stretch to the bars" could as well be another's "aggressive riding position". ;)
It'll be cool. The main attraction was for long-trip comfort. I'm gonna make this 500 my little sport-tourer & commuter bike, plan to maybe go to Deal's Gap this summer. I've been pretty happy with the EX so far.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a corbin for my ninja on e-bay. It should be here tomorrow. I am planning on taking the ninja to Deals Gap in June and I know that stock seat would be killing me on a long trip. I put a corbin on my CBR1100xx and it took a little getting used to, but I wouldnt give that seat up now! :)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I gather the little tab on the back is for bungee cords & the like... ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is a sweet looking seat on your bike. I like that.... Much better looking than my Carbon fiber like leather that they used on my GSXR seat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts