Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you like most about the(your) Corbin seat(or another seat upgrade)? What does it do for you? I've seen good reviews of it on here. Is it that the shape is better? Or is it that the foam is more supportive, like memory foam or something? Can you tell me how it specifically improved your ride time?

S

·
0 Posts
I really like mine because it came free with the bike...

Actually it's nice for my wife to ride with me, seems quite a bit firmer than the stock seat. I also feel that it creates a better seating position for me.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
smithmax said:
I really like mine because it came free with the bike...

Actually it's nice for my wife to ride with me, seems quite a bit firmer than the stock seat. I also feel that it creates a better seating position for me.
One Very important thing is it keeps your nutz off the tank and you but from hurting . Also if you are short it helps because the seat is about 1'' lower and gell instead of foam . They claim it takes 1000 miles to break in but I have put a thousand on mine in the last month and it's still not broke in yet . But IMO it's way mo' comfy than the stock seat .

·
Registered
40 Posts
Another quick point, it prevents you and your passenger from sliding around a lot with both the shape and material. Deffinately a plus!

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just replied to another request for this on a different forum about my Corbin Gunfighter & Lady saddle:

The seat is amazingly comfortable. With the stocker I was able to go about 40 minutes before needing a breather or at least move around on the seat quite a bit. With the corbin, I run out of gas first. Butt stays much cooler on hot days, and doesn't tend to slip around nearly as much. I also don't have near as much trouble keeping myself from riding up on the tank.

It's quite a bit stiffer than the stock seat, and has a wider nose. If you have a short inseam <30" it could make flat footing at a stop require a bit more effort. I just barely flat foot now while I had an easy time of it before (with my 30" inseam). However, if you call to place your order, they'll be more than happy to adjust the seat at no extra charge (allowing for shorter people etc.), and you can send it back for adjustments if you find it uncomfortable at no charge unless they have to make a new cover. I was curious about it, but they recommended I try it stock, as they say "90% of our customers are satisfied with our 'standard' design."

I think it's the best buy I've made since the bike.

...and a quick low quality pic:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Lacessit said it best ! Make sure you call the out in Cali to order . They will make it your way at no extra charge . Material , piping , flames , or fit all free if you tell them thats what you are wanting . The most easy and perfessional people I have ever had the pleasure to deal with .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts