Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Looking to pickup an EX to race ultralites. I already race a sv in LWSS class but I have the bug to run a 500 and do twice as many races. I'm looking at a 93 with no suspension work done to it so I've figured in the cost of a penske and springs/emulators. From what I've read here I should go to 17" wheels. How hard, extensive and expensive is this conversion. I really don't know all that much about the EX's and just recently entertained picking one up as a cheap second race bike.

Thanks
Clint

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
find a 94, race bike all set up. it'll be far cheaper in the long run and better. you'll spend $2000 on the old dog.

FOG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats kinda what im thinking, unfortunately theres not much out there right now, I should have started looking 2 months ago.

·
Registered
19,363 Posts
Yep the best time is in the fall after the season, Now look around for a young fellow walking around the paddock on crutches and....

Look Up DanaTemple I believe he bought all the old Penguin bikes a few years ago. and may still have somthing
FOG

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dunno where you are, but there seems to be a decent repairable 97 sample for sale in Eugene, OR. See the "I'm out" thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats the one I was looking at. I'm in the twin cities so that would have been a reasonable drive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
crb987 said:
Thats the one I was looking at. I'm in the twin cities so that would have been a reasonable drive.
I'm in the TC and have an 2004 EX500 race bike. Do you race with the CRA? Where you there last weekend? Mine is the black #60. Works shock, different springs / oil front forks, piped, jetted, K&N, two sets of wheels, etc, etc.
New head gasket as of this spring, new front rotor and pads.

All my finishes were 1st or 2nd last weekend, except 1 DNF 'cause I ran out of gas on the straight away. ::)

I'm pondering selling it and getting an SV race bike.
Would have to get $2500 for it. I know that's prpbably too much, but that's what I paid. It does have a clear title though, and it's a 2004.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts