Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, what about a friend? I have a problem with my kawa ex500 2008 I replaced the crankshaft seal but it leaks oil. I read that it has an o-ring but I have no idea what type is, I mean the model.
Thanks in advance
greetings from Bolivia
Tire Vehicle brake Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

it should look like this
I have the seal, but not the o-ring

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
The seal is shown on the crankcase plat of ron ayers the o ring just seals the shaft to the seal bushing and can be obtained locally ,but you prolly don't need it.
Once you have the new seal you need to pry out the old one . Drive a ice pick into it the screw in a sheet metal screw ,the pry out the seal using the screw.
simply tap in a new one

SEAL-OIL

92049-1567
ABt 8 bucks

FOG

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
Looks like you installed bassackwards. The spring controlled lip faces the pressure.

Fog

Reactions: ghostt

·
Premium Member
84' Goldwing Aspencade, 91' EX500, 98' Ninja 250/17' 300 engine, 07' EX500
3,824 Posts
Looks like you installed bassackwards. The spring controlled lip faces the pressure.

Fog
Looks like it, just like a fork seal. Did the same thing when I was doing my forks, wasn't paying attention to the details.

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
How?

FOG

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well, it turns out that it was a fork seal that I was using, it was not the correct one, now one more question, does this seal need an o-ring?
Product Font Triangle Line Map

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
No the Ring is on the shaft behind the bushing that runs under the seal of you haven't removed the bushing and the o ring you don't need another
'

FOG

·
Administrator
15,647 Posts
Hammer and chisel install much? Agreed, should be pristine. Do over.

·
Registered
19,756 Posts
It looks like you used some sort of sealant on the seal, if so, thats a big no no. remove it get a new one clean all the goop from all the parts install the seal dry. a wipe of oil on the bushing at most.

FOG

1 - 14 of 14 Posts