Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my second bike about 2 months ago, it is a 1989 ex500. i just started riding like about 4 months ago. I have been doing every thing on this bike with help from friends, like valves, carbs, thermostat, an every thing else you can think of, an a little extra like a fender eliminator kit, an a full neon system. but I am really looking for a crash cage for this bike. I can not find any place to get it from, so I am hoping to get a little help?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO I am really wanting a crash cage, I know stunt-works sell them, but not for my bike. I do not want to go with sliders, every one that has a ex500 or a 25o have them i want something a little different.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Did you talk to your local welder ?

·
Registered
103 Posts
there are no manufactured cages for the ex500 that i have found or seen, not many people stunt with this bike, etc. You are going to have to build your own or use frame sliders. What are you doing? Racing/stunt/or just want protection for street?

·
Registered
270 Posts
If your in michigan I could be of some help with the welding.

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
In The New ENgland reagion the is sombody making wrap around case guards. I had a set on my first race bike and the Penguin School put them on all their bikes. Get a hold of Oreogregoreo or any new england racer and maybe they can find you a set.

FOG

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
freestyle ingenuity makes them, but not for this bike :(

but you could go there and see how they are made make your own

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Sweet find Maverick !

Thanks a bunch :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not that expensive considering. It looks like they bolt on too, no mods needed.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I wanted soem of those but I didn't find anything..

Too bad I didn't ask earlier ;)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!maverick9611!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot, I can not believe you have found that sight. that is so sweet.

I have to go to the shop today, bleed my front brakesa, an adjust my valves, but i need a little help with the valves I am only 18 years old as of yesterday. (so my friends dad is going o help me.

I also just bought a full neon kit for this bike. I will hope to get some pic's up soon.

Thanks to all that helped.... ;)

·
Registered
722 Posts
shorty4444 said:
I also just bought a full neon kit for this bike. I will hope to get some pic's up soon.

Neon or led? neons will probably kill that battery quickly.

Please do post some pics when you get it done, I plan on adding a few leds for accent lighting on my bike, mainly just an asethetic project my friends and I want to work on.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Jason said:
Please do post some pics when you get it done
^^ ;D

Jason, I think you're talking about LEDs (Light Emiting Diodes) not LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)

He's right about the neon kit, the LEDs will drain less power from the battery ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
can't wait to c the pix short timer.that's what makes this site what it is!!! :p
anyways here is a new used stallion that i'm playing with
i allready fouled some plugs(switching to ngk iridiums) and had to take all the bodywork off. but she's a missle!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well it is a LED system, I guess my choice of words might have mixed it up some, but if you would like to check them out just copy an paste the URL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MILL...ryZ35575QQihZ014QQitemZ330108958987QQtcZphoto

They do not have a actual web sight, but that have a eBay sight.

after tax it only was $90.15.

Ya I was working on my bike today. I cut of the helmet lock so I can Mount a led tub on each side by the exhaust. I am going to work on it some more next week, starting Tuesday. hopefully I will get it done that week.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Try to put only the auction # from ebay, not the link ;)

Maverick => Do you know what's the diameter of those crash guards ? Nice bikeBTW :eek:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts