Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No me but someone from the group I was riding with.

I did an armed forces freedom run this morning, 700 bikes 1000+ people total. Anyway left the dealership and got on the main highway, police had it closed off at all the exits and behind the last rider. I didn't see the accident, but I did hear about it from the cops that responded. the driver of a white van missed his exit, made an illegal U turn from the south side to the north side (onto the closed road that we were riding on) tried to merge into the group of bikes and took out 3 bikes. No deaths, but all 3 riders went to the hospital with major injuries, one was in real bad shape and was airlifted somewhere else.

I saw the 3 bikes, the one was completely mangled, looked like the forks were turned upside down and like it was dragged under the car. the whole 1 side was scraped up, and in most places through the metal. The other 2 were in bad shape but both looked fixable.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
**** man, that sucks.

what happened to the driver of the van? i can imagine that 697 pissed off bikers probably isnt too good for your health lol.

i bet he feels like a jerk now.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I tried a quick Google for info But don't have enough info.

When a newspaper article on this crash shows up on line... please post

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't there for the aftermath of the accident, just heard about what happened.

Here is a photo from the event though, about 1/2 of the riders waiting for the rest of the group

1 - 5 of 5 Posts