Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding the ex for the first time last weekend I realized I cant see anything but my sholders with the stock mirrors. I was thinking of picking up some CRG Hindsight LS Lane Split Mirrors after reading a review on another site, sound like they’d do the trick. Anyone have any experience with installing these on their ex? Do I need anything additional to install them?

Thanks
Can’t believe I waited so long to get a bike – best thing ever!!!
;D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Check my sig, I dunno the manufacturer, but they all seem to be the same..

On my 1990 bike, the handlebars were filled, no holes for screwing anything.. Remove your grips and check before ordering ;)

With the setup I am running, I can see everything behind and on the sides no problem there.

the only thing is that they are not crystal clear, as soon as I am moving over 40 mph, they are quite buzzy. I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact I've changed the handlebars for 'drag bars' of a custom bike though ;)

I would not go back to stock mirrors after trying these

·
Registered
279 Posts
When I installed my bar end mirrors, they were for a bar that was hollow, so I had to "modify" them to work, other than the buzziness that Frog is talking about I love mine!

·
Registered
192 Posts
they look bada$$ on the streetfighters but the fairings on a stock ex looks unbalanced without the oem mirrors.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll check the bars first if I decide to go this route. Fury - I agree it may look a bit unbalanced but I hate not seeing anything behind me. I am still considering extenders. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
192 Posts
mhess... you might want to look into the zx-6 mirrors... they fit our holes perfectly, i believe that they are an inch lower and extend an inch further out with a bit larger mirror... they look pretty sweet too!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took off the barends, they are hollow but plugged and tapped to accept the bar end that's currently on. I am likely going to go with the barends and modify the mount - I saw a few pics on the site with the ex and bar end mirrors, I don't think it looks to bad. Besides its strictly a functional mod for me.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts