1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my bike.

To death.

And I never really wanted to sell it.

But this punk is selling his 2002 ZX6R with 11.8k miles on it for 4300.

I can get 3300 for my bike if I sell it (probably)

This is it:

Opinions?

·
Registered
72 Posts
SoarAndEnvision said:
I love my bike.

To death.

And I never really wanted to sell it.

But this punk is selling his 2002 ZX6R with 11.8k miles on it for 4300.

I can get 3300 for my bike if I sell it (probably)

This is it:

Opinions?
I just got upgraded to 1000cc(sv1000s). I've been thinking to switch to 600-750 cc bikes...then I though it's like changing girlfrinds same sex ...just different positions ;D
And then I discovered the power of a liter bike and I was born again!
Cheers1 ;D

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can find an 03 for that price. Completely redesigned and looks better/more power. I say keep looking.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the other thing is I never wanted to sell this bike.

Like eventually get an R1 but still sport the EX just cause the hater's hate it! ;D

Thanks guys, I was expecting more "YOU CAN'T SELL ONE OF OURS YOU TRAITOR" - but that'll do.

Ukami isn't going anywhere :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't sell it. After the new wears off your new bike, I bet you will more than regret getting rid of your 500. When I purchased my rc51, I thought I would never ride that 500 again but sine 04 when I bought the rc51 I put 12,00 miles on the 500 and only 5500 on the rc51.

but then again, It is your money

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its beautiful...i like the way the older school zx6r's look..
Ill probably be shunned for this but *shrug*,personally, my bike is a stepping stone to a more powerful bike.
Tommarow marks a year since i bought my bike. out of the last 365 days, i might not have rode maybe 20.
I feel like i have outgrown my bike, in the canyons im pushing it further and further to, and maybe past its limits as a standard sportbike.
as soon as i find a good deal for a 600, maybe even a liter bike, im trading her in.

Though, shell stay in the family because ill be selling it to my friend, he owns a shop and provides motorcycle lessons, weve talked and it only makes sense that he uses my bike for the lesons since, the 500 is an incredible bike to learn on, and hes been working on it since ive met him, so he knows its mechanically sound since its his work.

been looking at older school FZR 600 and 1000's lately.

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's a difficult position to be in...I'm not sure about the validity of the "deal" you'll be getting on the bigger bike, but I'll assume it's a good one. I've always found the purchasing of motorcycles to be somewhat odd, in my opinion at least. I've known folks who buy a bike, say it's the best they've ever been on, and then two years later, sell it for something different. While I understand the need/want to try something new, I'm curious as to the regrets one might have later on after he or she has sold a bike. For some reason, when I think about selling the "Purple Nurple" ('01 violet and gray color scheme, this is the name my friends have given my bike; I hated it at first, but I've adopted it for some reason), I always think that if I ever did, I'd regret it and think "What could have been?" Somewhat similar to what someone else said about the girlfriend, same sex, different woman, different positions or something like that, is that really a good thing?? I don't know, but for some reason I see myself in 5 years with a liter bike and always missing the old Purple Nurple. Maybe that's because it was my first bike (and only one so far). I guess I just have trouble letting go of things...

Any old EX owners, or owners of more than one bike over time have any good advice or insight??

Good luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
As a former EX500 owner, i am at a loss of what to think really. Do i miss the EX? Well, a little. The CBR is a lot faster, easier to start in the morning, easier on the eyes (for sure), and just goes like a raped ape. But it doesn't sound like the EX. I miss tinkering on it, moding it on the cheap (Seriously, 300 bux for a slip-on is cheap as hell) fixing this and that... you know. I miss the seating posture.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Maybe it's like the difference between dating a "hot" chick w/ limited depth vs a "cute" woman with intelligence, values, & heart. The hot date is a wild fling every time out, but you're glad you never married her. The other gal... well, you catch yourself eyeing wedding rings.

As the old "Gilligan's Island" question goes: Ginger or Mary Ann? ;)

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I did own another bike before the current 1990 ex500..

It was a 1997 ninja 500 that I had to sell for $ reasons.

When I finally had some spare money, I went straight back to my first love.. It's comfy, nimble, can take long rides on it and it's reliable. It might not have the best of looks, but I'm surely happy with it. Plus it outperforms pretty much anything on more than 2 wheels and I had a couple of peoples asking me if that was a 750 or 1 litre bike after a couple of red lights ;)

It's cheap and does the job really well, it has been around for 20 years so so big headache in finding spare parts.

I love it !

·
Registered
301 Posts
I really like the old school looks of the 500. It looks like nothing else on the street. I don't really want to look like all the idiot squid out there.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
ha !

of course, with all the front plastics removed and the lights tied directly to the forks, mine doesn't even get recognised...

If they can't recognise the engine layout, all they can determine is that it's a Kwacker.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I know a guy who eats the same thing everyday for lunch, as for me
I need variety. I think it's not only bigger or faster but, the fact
that it's NEW and DIFERENT that makes me want another bike.

·
Registered
152 Posts
No doubt we all like to have non-static lives, living in routine is boring. But would you sell the ex in order to obtain this "new, faster" bike? Would you regret it? Hell, I want a "new, faster" bike myself, but wouldn't even consider the selling/trading of my EX for it. I saved and sacrificed for the EX, and if I want another ride, I can save and sacrifice for it too.

·
Registered
404 Posts
True!!! I never sold my first bike, and have no intension of selling
the EX, when I'm ready for bigger/faster I'll find a way to keep
growing my collection.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I love my ex500. When I got my zx6r, I had the option to trade the 500 in but I didn't want to. Both bikes are great and both serve different purpose. 500 for the daily commute and the 636 for the weekend twisties.

·
Registered
279 Posts
rainking1978 said:
I love my ex500. When I got my zx6r, I had the option to trade the 500 in but I didn't want to. Both bikes are great and both serve different purpose. 500 for the daily commute and the 636 for the weekend twisties.
excellent point.
It's not only about missing the bike if you trade it, think abotu it from a practical aspect, would you really want to put needless commuting miles on your main ride? Ofcourse not, put those miles on the bulletproof 500!

Also, i think its really about how much you have to spend, if you can afford the 6Rwithout trading in the 500, I say do it. if you can't, well, sacrifices must be made.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Knightslugger said:
As a former EX500 owner, i am at a loss of what to think really. Do i miss the EX? Well, a little. The CBR is a lot faster, easier to start in the morning, easier on the eyes (for sure), and just goes like a raped ape. But it doesn't sound like the EX. I miss tinkering on it, moding it on the cheap (Seriously, 300 bux for a slip-on is cheap as hell) fixing this and that... you know. I miss the seating posture.
+1 on seating posture!
EX is a nice comfy bike to poop around town or cruise on hwy!
Cheers!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts