Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in terms of taxing the engine, rideability, etc., what speed seems to be the sweet spot for a long ride; what keeps her happy?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
120 km/h she's happy, but 100 km/h seems to make a positive impact on gas consuption.

If you need to make a pass, drop 1 gear and you're at 150 before you know it ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mi bike seems to have devloped a smooth engine speed of 5000 rpm. When I am right around 5k everything seems snappy smooth without many vibrations.

-Gagi

·
Registered
308 Posts
i prefer to keep in line with whatever traffic is doing. i think anything over 4K is comfortable as far as engine vibes. they do get less noticible the further into the revs you go. as far as fuel mileage. i ride 30 miles round trip 3 days a week to school and spend about 8 miles commuting round trip to work. i calculated my fuel milage the other day at 40mpg. thats riding highway at aronud 75, and keeping the revs up around town.

·
Registered
253 Posts
75 to 80. i never pass a block of cars though. i try to let a fast car pass me and then i pace that car trying to stay in the right lane. cops pick up on left lane high speed vehicles. if i'm by myself , 10 over the speed limit

·
Registered
18 Posts
It seems as though all bikes and likings are different. Someones 1990 may not be the same as a 2003. It really depends on what kind of condition your bike is in. Mine is an 05' and seems to be fine at just about anywhere between 4-8k's.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
maverick9611 said:
75 to 80. i never pass a block of cars though. i try to let a fast car pass me and then i pace that car trying to stay in the right lane. cops pick up on left lane high speed vehicles. if i'm by myself , 10 over the speed limit
:mad: you stole my technique ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts