Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

CUSTOM CARB SERVICE

25K views 116 replies 35 participants last post by  ducatiman 
#1 · (Edited)
Custom carb service

Members-

I'm offering (EXCLUSIVELY) to fellow members here full carb support utilizing modern technology and machinery...

REFURB SERVICE affordable, fast turnaround to fully service your carbs. All new consumable parts (orings, float valves, etc), many salvage spares, aftermarket replacement diaphragm rubbers....stock size jets and needles (for converting from jet kit to stock values), Kawasaki rail filters, etc etc. NO parts delays. Float/fuel levels set/ wet tested. As prices can vary...please PM for an estimate...but generally around $160.

REFURBED CARBS stock jetted, adjusted, wet tested, ready to ship, ready to run. These are rare, based on availability. Generally $185 with your "trade in".

CARB KIT #1 includes consumables...ALL orings, (vent, rail, pilot screw, float bowl), float valves, Kawasaki rail filter, a full compliment of stainless steel hardware, a hunk of .013" guitar string for those pilot jets. This kit supports a full "split" and services 1 carbset= BOTH carbs. ALWAYS in stock $50 shipped CONUS.

CARB KIT #2 service items only (for those not splitting) $34 (option: add the rail filter for $9)

links on install info CCS Carb Kit installation details

https://www.ex-500.com/wiki/index.php?title=Carburetor_Refresh

Paypal accepted, please PM for estimates, availability, shipping info or further detail, will be answered promptly.
Shipping CONUS only at this time from my location in New York state.

All parts in stock, ready to go for '19 season. Thanks for looking members

For those members with fewer than 10 posts you can contact me by email gordon@customcarbservices.com

Gordon

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
some carb kit and work pics

Hand Gesture Grey Rectangle Font

Attachments

#3 ·
to update with some fairly current before/after action photos.

Note paint by special request only these days. I'll do an occasional special on carbsets I sell.

Attachments

#4 ·
Members-

I'm offering (EXCLUSIVELY) to fellow members here full carb support utilizing modern technology...
heated ultrasonic and soda blasting machinery.

REFURB SERVICE affordable, fast turnaround to fully service your carbs. All new consumable parts (orings, float valves, etc), many salvage spares, aftermarket replacement diaphragm rubbers....stock size jets and needles (for converting from jet kit to stock values), Kawasaki rail filters, etc etc. NO parts delays. Float/fuel levels set/ wet tested. As prices can vary...please PM for an estimate...but generally around $130

REFURBED CARBS stock jetted, adjusted, wet tested, ready to ship, ready to run. These are rare, based on availability. Generally $150 with your "trade in"

CARB KIT #1 includes consumables...ALL orings, (vent, rail, pilot screw, float bowl), float valves, Kawasaki rail filter, a full compliment of stainless steel hardware, a hunk of .012" guitar string for those pilot jets. This kit supports a full "split" and services 1 carbset= BOTH carbs. ALWAYS in stock $45 shipped CONUS.

CARB KIT #2 service items only (for those not splitting) $32 (option: add the rail filter for $6)

a link on kit info http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,100962.msg1467234.html#msg1467234

Paypal accepted, please PM for estimates, availability, shipping info or further detail, will be answered promptly.
Shipping CONUS only at this time.

All parts in stock, ready to go for '16 season. Thanks for looking members

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,69546.msg1023274.html#msg1023274

Gordon
Wow! If my Scrambler had carbs, I would get you to do mine in the yellow.

#5 ·
could swing it, thats where the "custom" comes in....in your case, exposed yellow carbs would be striking

my own Duc carbs are red.....duh...what else? :grin2:

Attachments

#6 ·
could swing it, thats where the "custom" comes in....in your case, exposed yellow carbs would be striking

my own Duc carbs are red.....duh...what else? :grin2:
Yeah..wouldn't they! Striking indeed.

Your Duc carbs look great! Got a photo of them peeking out the body work on the bike? :grin2:

#7 ·
Unfortunately, as typical on many bikes...you have to be looking for them...behind bodywork, up under the tank.

Thats ok, I know they are there. Here's a pic, bodywork removed, one side visible...in all its red glory. Lookin as glossy today as when I painted them a couple years ago (?) was it?

Some tasteful, fine yellow engine bay accents would really look great on yours as the area is largely visible....in time, I'm sure.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Ohhhhh.....I like that! Since it's behind the body work it is subtle and you know it's there. Kind of a nice surprise when you remove the panels for maintenance. It is the ol'......oh right? I did that. Nice!" if you catch my drift.

As for doing things to my bike.....well..... I am a lot like FLORIDA in that I am a nutter for keep my bike stock. If you remember, I replaced my signal lenses on my Ninja from amber to white. Left them on for a couple of seasons and it ate away at me. I put the amber lenses back on last season.

I need to get a tail rack to put my top box on and I am planning on getting the OEM Scrambler saddlebags for my longer rides. But I keep waffling since it will detract from the beauty of the stock look. I think my compromise will be to remove my saddle bag brackets when I am not using them.

Again, I know I am nuts.....but FLORIDA would totally understand what I am saying!

#islanders #goalies ............... a nod to my buddy FLORIDA

Reactions: floridaex500
#8 ·
After 20 years of my bike just sitting, the gasket seals actually vulcanized to the carburetor, as a side-effect of our ethanol-additive gas turning to varnish (Midwestern fuel is garbage). The jets wouldn't even thread out. My dad suggested we have the carbs cleaned in the ultrasonic tank for a few hours. Afterwards, the jets and rubber came out easy, and the rebuilt carbs let the engine fire right up.

Case in point, this stuff really works. Worth every penny (actually, we paid the mechanic with an Alabama Breifcase, a.k.a. box of Bud Lite).

#9 ·
i keep telling folks, you just can't compete with modern equipment vs squatting in the driveway using a toothbrush and can of carb cleaner. Ain't happenin'.

#11 ·
BTW....you tease me with the little corner glimpse of your dry clutch cover. Umm....photo of that?

I wish the Scrambler had a dry clutch. Again, it is something almost uniquely Ducati! Homme de fer had a really slick dry clutch and cover set up on his 900ss when he had it.

#12 ·
inside to out, these pics from '10....6 years on this Barnett configuration.

Attachments

#13 ·
Just want to throw a quick pitch in for @ducatiman. A month or two ago I had him rebuild my carbs and that's what was holding me back, as I suspected. No matter how much work I did myself (rebuilt them 4 or so times) I just simply don't have the equipment or expertise! They came back very clean, with new seals, new everything from the looks of it, in fact I'm not sure if he just didn't replace them with brand new ones! Sarcasm, there was an identifying mark on them so I knew they were mine, but they really did come back that clean. My bike now runs great and feels great! Thank you @ducatiman! He was also very quick with his turn around (from the day I shipped them out to the day I got them back was 4 business days). +1!

I also want to point out that even though this is my first post I lurk here pretty regularly.

#22 ·
a link on kit info [url said:
http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,100962.msg1467234.html#msg1467234[/url]

Shipping CONUS only at this time.

All parts in stock, ready to go for '16 season. Thanks for looking members

http://www.ex-500.com/index.php/topic,69546.msg1023274.html#msg1023274
The links ^ aren't working. Just thought I would let you know.:grin2:

#25 ·
^ You posted in the forum on 4/27/16 :

" When I put the carbs back on I ran through my checklist of things to do and kept thinking there is something I am forgetting to do. I turned the key and push the start button and the bike fired up on the first turn of the starter. Not only that, but it dawned on me that I did not have to use the choke for the first time since I have owned the bike. Idle was actually set dead on out of the box. I rode around the subdivision for about 10 minutes so I didnt get to really open it up yet(track bike)"

Has the bike sat the last 9 months, dormant, with fuel in the bowls?

#26 ·
Hey. You originally replied back to me on 1/4/2017:
Drain the fuel in the tank and get fresh in there, then add some Seafoam or Stabil 360...get it heated up for a LONG ride. hopefully, it'll clear. Consider yourself a victim of our modern ethanol fuel...which can break down in as little as a couple of WEEKS. Get in the habit of using the 360 with EVERY fillup...especially if the bike is going to sit.
Let me know how you make out.

Yes, the bike basically sat for about 9 months only riding one time since October.

#27 ·
Get in the habit of using the 360 with EVERY fillup...especially if the bike is going to sit.

Yes, the bike basically sat for about 9 months only riding one time since October.
Well you answered your own question to why it's not working properly now.
It sat for 9 months and you were told to stabilize the fuel with Stabil 360 if it was going to sit.
If you didn't use the 360 then well.... Guess what?

Your pilot jets have clogged up.

O_E_M

#32 ·
Davy-

Unfortunately shipping costs and your unavoidable VAT would combine to create astronomical pricing.

I appreciate your trust, but would urge you to seek out EX member jonh "over there". The process will become quicker, easier, more economical. He's more than qualified and a nice bloke to boot.

Perhaps start with a PM to him.

Thanks, Duc (Gordon)

link to a UK members "roll call"...a possible starting point to track him down. http://www.ex-500.com/26-europe/50058-uk-members-rollcall.html

then you've got the Brit EX forum http://www.gpz500.co.uk

Reactions: ghostt
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.