Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK for my first post that isn't introducing myself. I can't find much on custom gauges for an ex500. I've seen JaNinja and PMed him but he hasnt been on in a month or so. BlueGauges.com has them for a 250, but that doesnt look like a match for a 500. Illumiglo doesn't have any. And no other sites I've found have anything about them. Does anyone know where they can be found or how to DIY and change out the gauge lights to LEDs? Does anybody have any information at all on this? Thanks

Nick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I've read that, and it looks good during the day. But I can't see it looking very good at night. I would think you have to cut out the numbers with a knife and that wouldn't be very straight I don't think. I'd really like to see a night picture of that to see how it looks. Anything else on people doing them?

R

·
0 Posts
Well, I'm planning to do the same to my EX once I get the time. I'm aiming to do it in the next month, but I'm notorious for becoming lazy. The night-time issue is another thing I'd been wondering about - would card-stock be transparent enough to let the LED lights shine through it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats my concern, I deff dont think it would be. And cutting all the numbers out would have to be meticulous and would maybe look average at best. So I'm thinking maybe theres another material we can use. But I have sent an e-mail to the owner of BlueGauges.com on doing a custom order for an 05 ex500 so I'll let you know when he gets back to me.

R

·
0 Posts
Yeah, those BlueGuages ones look nice, but I know I wouldn't spent 90 bucks on something just for aesthetics. Although I do really like the look of white guages...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah if you look at the ones they have for the Hayabusa, they are sick... my jaw dropped when I saw how good they looked. For those, i would pay 100 bucks. But seeing they are customs that I'm asking for with that general design, they are goin to be more expensive. So depending on if they actually do it and what the price is, I might get them. Thats why I'm looking for options though because the white face gauges are a love of mine ::)

·
Registered
261 Posts
You may be on to something there. But if a clear film is used, and the gauge image printed on it leaving the number clear, you wouldn't need to cut at all right?

·
Registered
22 Posts
if you mean clear film as in trasparency paper then yes you can buy it for any printer really. and it could work. the only problem is thats it clear so all the workings of guages will b seen probably and the designs and nbrs may not be seen. unless you use a thin piece of white or someother color paper.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Like the idea of white faced or even silver faced like in my car(stock SVT style) but if they made or someone here was capable of an electro-luminesent style that would rock

·
Registered
826 Posts
I did these for my 125 using just plain white paper with the numbers etc printed on in black ink and then stuck onto the clear plastic it came on. It looked pretty good.

I'm planning to do it for the GPZ as well. Has anyone else done it yet?

Cheers

Andy

R

·
0 Posts
Nope, but I'd love to see it. Winter is coming fast for us Canadians and I'm amassing a list of projects :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
cuseballer1474 said:
BlueGauges.com has them for a 250, but that doesnt look like a match for a 500.
BlueGauges.com didn't always have the 250 gauges, my brother (then part of the 250 community) bought some cheap gauges on eBay and sent them in to BlueGauges.  They made a template and now make the gauges for the 250.  Perhaps if the Ex-500.com community showed some interest and contacted the company, we can see if they'd do the same for us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts