Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to get the carbon fiber d&d full system for about $450-500 was wondering if it was really worth it or not. I know that its probably gonna be loud cause I had a shorty d&d on my f3 when I had it, and it was insanly loud lol.

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
halliwood said:
I'm wanting to get the carbon fiber d&d full system for about $450-500 was wondering if it was really worth it or not. I know that its probably gonna be loud cause I had a shorty d&d on my f3 when I had it, and it was insanly loud lol.
You just answerd your own question The $ is nuts and the noise is Insane. I had one on one of my early race bikes and they woulden't even let me on the track with it.

FOG

S

·
0 Posts
Yes loud is an understatement when it comes to the D&D full system. I personally like they way it looks as well as it makes the ex500 sound like it has a set ;)

It's bark is worse than its bite ;D

·
Registered
109 Posts
When people ask me at work, "What's the loudest aftermarket pipe available?", I always reply, "D&D. It's OBNOXIOUSLY loud.". So if that's what you're gunning for, I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
yeah I used to have one on my 94. Listen-its sounds cool when you let it idle other than that its embarrassing.
Great when your sitting on your bike-not so great when your trying to leave your folks place at 7 in the morning and you set off EVERY car alarm on the block. yeah that happens... :-[

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am not hijacking this thread on purpose, but I didnt think this warranted a new thread.

I checked all over youtube and all the exhaust clips sounds like...well they sound like ****. I thought FOG was just being FOG when he said fart fart fart or whatever, but seriously, how much injustice do those video's do the exhaust. Because going strictly off of that, I'd save the 300-600 on the exhaust. I've heard leaf blowers that sound better. Tell me I'm wrong here, please.

·
Registered
130 Posts
As a rational adult, I would say no you are not wrong. It is a trivial upgrade that does nothing practical. On a little boy basis, it gives me the biggest smile in the world. If you have never heard it while sitting on the bike, its not the same as hearing it blasting by.

R

·
0 Posts
kkrause said:
Tell me I'm wrong here, please.
Your not wrong IMHO. I heard a Muzzy up close and thought it sounded bad, and not in a good way... ::) Dad has me thinking that when I get some spare time I might try to build my own. Flowmaster shows a good diagram of their mufflers, transfering that into a bike muffler would be easy. Hard to believe it would sound as good though....

Rich

S

·
0 Posts
To each is his own, you either like the sound of it or you dont. Personally I do, It sounds like a loud parallel twin and I expected nothing more. I have heard mopeds louder than a stock ex, so the money was worth every penny IMO.

And for all of the rational adults, I also got it just to piss people off. Gives the older crowd something to complain about on the local morning radio.

·
Registered
177 Posts
spikezx5r said:
To each is his own, you either like the sound of it or you dont. Personally I do, It sounds like a loud parallel twin and I expected nothing more.
I guess that's what it is then, I just don't like the sound of a loud twin. This kind of put it in perspective for me. Appreciate it.

If anyone figures out a way to make it sound like something else, maybe something with a little higher wind to it, let me know... LATER

1 - 16 of 16 Posts