Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[/color]Man this suck, I have to get new boots on my intake manifold. So I am out like about $200 bucks now. an I have to wait to get it fix before I can ride. this sucks. :'(

·
Registered
19,367 Posts
What are you talking about? The ones between the carbs and the engine? If so I have a set.

They are only !5.97 each I sell you a set for that no shipping

FOG

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes the part between the crabs an the engine. AN I ordered them already. I payed like $40 for the boot thing, an $23 for the 4 new clamps. AN i costed me $35 for the labor to find the problem, an it is going to cost me #100 to put the boot things in an sync the carbs an adjust the screw mixture.

So that is around $200. :'(

But the up side to that is I will be riding soon. :)

An thanks "FOG" for the offer, I would have done that, but already payed the shop. ;D

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Well, another perspective would be-

If a person has the money but doesn't have time, and maybe the experience, then it may be better to pay then trying to save half the cost by doing it yourself-- using up lots of time-- and maybe still having to have somebody fix it when done. You won't gain the experience... but you won't lose ride time because the bike isn't running right & you have to get it to a (trustworthy) shop.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jason said:
damn no way would I pay $200 for that BS

Ya well, I know what you mean, I just been working on it since FEB 6Th. so it was like 2 an a half months, an I am sick of putting my time into it right now, I love doing he work, an most love riding, so I rather pay some on an get it done faster, because I do not have the time right at this time. so I can ride faster, I just have to wait to my part come in now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts