Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2007 ex500 , 2007 gsxr 600
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was rebuilding forks with a all balls fork kit one of the damper wear rings grew legs and walked off on me. Can anyone give a link to a correct one to buy please ? I have spent hours and cannot find one only other option left is to buy a fork off eBay just for the wear ring.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Yep, that's the damper piston ring and you have to order a complete damper piston assembly (over 100 bucks) to get one from Kawasaki. That's not gonna happen but someone here on the forum has got to have one kicking around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I might be wrong, but if I'm reading the fiche correctly then that part is part of a bigger assembly and can't be ordered separately.
that is the wall I keep running into on locating one aswell .

Yep, that's the damper piston ring and you have to order a complete damper piston assembly (over 100 bucks) to get one from Kawasaki. That's not gonna happen but someone here on the forum has got to have one kicking around.
agreed can buy a fork for that price off eBay . So mad at myself for losing one . Hard lesson learned .
Thanks for confirming it can only be bought in assembly guys .

·
Registered
19,841 Posts
maybe you can find a bent fork out here from someone who replaced it

FOG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
maybe you can find a bent fork out here from someone who replaced it

FOG
that was the final option to be honest . Haybaler says he is putting one in the mail for me today so I have been blessed with keeping a few dollars to put towards a oil change and speedometer cable… since I have bought the bike I have put new battery , new front sprocket , new chain , new front and back tires , new front blinker set , new front and rear brakes , front fork bushings and seals kit. I appreciate all the guidance this form has given . The lost wear ring was what got me to create a account. Long time listener first time caller ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts