Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a small dash to my EX for a voltmeter and at least one 12v outlet, with maybe more later. Very common on the KLRs (farkles), and would be very useful on my EX. Not finding much on here and the links I do find have pictures but they are no longer visible (old I assume).

So if anyone has added anything in the miniscule amount of room we have to mount stuff, I'd like to see it. I am considering something attached to the top of the headlight mounts, which would give me about 9" of space, but not sure of the vertical. My screen is black, so wiring would be hidden and out of the weather.

thx

·
Registered
924 Posts
here you go voltmeter and power source fitted on bike along with other take off points. yes it is a gen 1 but something similar should work if you have a gen 2

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! I wish I could do similar on the Gen2. I think it may involve cardboard and lots of fitting... :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you mount it? There is such a limited flat space to put anything on this bike. I have a KLR also, and there are various aftermarket dashes or people create their own.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Picture #2 you can see where this person mounter theris, mine was a gen 1:

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Picture #2 you can see where this person mounter theris, mine was a gen 1:
The second picture appears to be a camera mount on the right side of the fairing. The seller doesn't mention anything about camera mount or an outlet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The second picture appears to be a camera mount on the right side of the fairing. The seller doesn't mention anything about camera mount or an outlet.
thanks. I saw a similar one where a person mounted a voltmeter (which I want to do) on the left side like that, but its not really in your line of site and not the best looking. A dashboard add-on would be so nice... I am a few ideas, cannot act on them until I start putting my plastic back on soon. I will of course post pics, assuming it works! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts