Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a clean and clear titled ex500, 94, for 100$, needs a battery and carb clean, but its all there, not damaged or anything. wow. 11k miles.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That sound too good to be true. :)

Could you post picts please ?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
That's good even if it is dead tomorrow & you sell it for parts.

Did you run the VIN number through the local police, or the Kawasaki site?
Guess I'm skeptical until it's all approved by the DMV.

Let us know, ok?

·
Registered
46 Posts
And i thought my 97 was a good deal for $900... Didn't need a carb clean though... But it's a junk title
Going to look at 2000 Triumph TT600 tomorrow for $2000 with like 2K miles, absolutely clueless seller didn't even know what kinda bike it was, he said it was pretty and it said Triumph on the gas tank and it was his ex-gf's and he needed to get rid of it fast... SO i had him read me the graphics on the tail plastics:"T.....T.....6...0..0... Fuel injection, TT600!!!"
Then i went: "HOLY ISH... I'll see you tomorrow with cash"

·
Registered
722 Posts
vladgti said:
And i thought my 97 was a good deal for $900... Didn't need a carb clean though... But it's a junk title
Going to look at 2000 Triumph TT600 tomorrow for $2000 with like 2K miles, absolutely clueless seller didn't even know what kinda bike it was, he said it was pretty and it said Triumph on the gas tank and it was his ex-gf's and he needed to get rid of it fast... SO i had him read me the graphics on the tail plastics:"T.....T.....6...0..0... Fuel injection, TT600!!!"
Then i went: "HOLY ISH... I'll see you tomorrow with cash"
pics if you get it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have 2 tt600s, they are the BEST bang for your buck 600cc bike, without a doubt. i built one for 700$, the other for 5. i have the clean and clear title in my hand, you never know until you know, but ive been buying and selling so long you tend to get a sense for people, if im wrong, im wrong, but its factory stamped and got the factory sticker, and the dude was loaded and just wanted it out of the way because he wanted to room for a jet ski or some ****, and lived in a smaller house in the city. ill load some pics up in a few days.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I didn't know what they looked like so found a pic. Close?
Apparently they come with two small cannons?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
That's their Forced Air Induction, or air intake ;)

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Maybe it's Triumph's version of Deer whistles? ;D

(Just in case- the original comment about "cannons" was a joke.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is in fact a part of the most pointlessly complicated and completely inefficient air management system ive EVER seen on ANY naturally aspirated bike. its fuucking horrendously stupid, a prime example of british engineering at its finest. take one apart and you will see what i mean. the bike is still awesome dollar for dollar though, no doubt at all. the tt600 and speed 4 are essentially the same bike. mild tuning difference etc etc. anyhow, pics of the bike tomorrow, you all can hate.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Maybe there's some cool custom cover that'd make best use of the shapes.
Ride it to the mall & see if Victoria's secret has anything. ;)

(Totally meant as humor! Such as it is.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got the bike, will be bringing it home tomorrow.. I love fuel injection, bike sat for a year and started on the first crank

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
similar minds man, they are killer bikes, pull the tank and check out the airbox settup for a laugh, hahahah

they recalled many of them for turning into 2 wheeled molotov cocktails because of the [email protected]!#ing horrible shite fuel line attachments on the bottom, i replaced all mine with brass, im sure you did something similar. the only real down side to the bike is the exhaust weighs about twice as much as it should, and the fuckin square header outlets make it a bit tricky to find a decent aftermarket ex. used

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, i found out about that recall after i started the bike and it started pouring gas under the tank so i offered the guy $1600 and he was happy ;D
Now my gf wants to ride it instead of her CBR F3...

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
It does look pretty good 8)

And at that price, it's a steal. ;D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

list of whats needs to be repaired

- headight tab
- carbs
- 1 wire
- scummy tank
- slightly torqued left bar, 4 ft pipe and a vice will fix it

list of what needs to be replaced

- battery, maybe, might come back to life, it held a slight charge just from the jump, me es hopeful
- 3 light bulbs
- rear brake system, not there anymore
- right side riders pegmount
- oil

thats it i think, it turns over, already changed the oil, cleaning the tank now. its got beefier front end springs and a k and n jet kit, guy said he had it tuned properly with no flat spots, has a sarachu or whatever can on the exhaust, even the chain looks fine.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts