Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I may have found an ex500 for sale. I am just waiting with my fingers crossed to hear back from the seller to find out if it is still around.

2004 EX500 never dropped 12000 kms asking $4700 Canadian

Is this an acceptable deal or should I try to get the price down a few bucks?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Got mine for 2000$ and 9990 km on it.

it was a 1990 but was in good shape, got dropped but the prev owner fixed it so you could only tell by looking inside the fairings to see the cracks.

If all you want is cheap, try with older model, the technology stays the same for the last 20 years ;)

Just did a quick search and found you these, it'S probably not in your region, but helps to get an idea :
http://hebdo.net/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=26630007&pgno=2&srt=7
http://hebdo.net/result/detailinfo.aspx?ID=26475216&pgno=1&srt=7

I'd also wait a bit, the deals are not all out yet, it's still quite cold out there ;)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where abouts are you from?
If in Ontario/GTA, that isn't toooooooo bad of a price. I've seen them for lower, and some for higher...may get the owner down a little bit in price, if he's eager to sell before Spring. Once spring hits though, I wouldn't expect anybody selling a beginner bike to be too flexible on their price.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in Calgary Alberta. I will definitely try to get that price down a bit. You know do the old, make an offer that you know they won't accept just so that you can end up "in between" at a decent price.

Still waiting to find out if the bike is still there though. It's driving me crazy!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Take a deep breath

And have a knowledgeable friend with you when/if you get to see it.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey all,

I have come across two more Ex500's for sale since I started this thread. One is a 2005 with 5700 kms on it and it is in perfect condition, never dropped. The seller is asking $5300 but I am sure I can get them down to around $5000.

The second bike is also a 2005 that only has 40kms on it. Unfortunately during those 40kms the bike was dropped. The scratches are very minor but the guy is asking $5450. So my question is taking into consideration the above, what should I offer him?

I am totally prepared to walk away as well if he does not not take my offer because the other bike is still available, as is the 2004 model from my original post.

Anyway I appreciate the input.

·
Premium Member
25,165 Posts
this is all CND right?  so 5000CND is about 4233USD with current exchange rates.  still too high.  $3500US for a mint 2005 (That'd be ~4100CND) is all i'd pay.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah i didnt like the sound of that either. Plus on the phone the owner had a real "pushy salesman" vibe that I didn't care for.

I think the 2004 is my best bet yet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just my opinion but the mint 2005 with 5700km is your best bet if you can get it around $5000 in rich 'ol Calgary., A year older with 12000kms and you save $400? What if you have to turn around and sell, for whatever reason?One year newer and half the miles puts you way ahead of that "04. Furthermore, if the '04 has its original tires it probably needs a new set pronto.
Applying US prices to the Canadian market is, in my opinion, no indication of what a Canadian seller can actually get.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, bikes tend to go for more in Canada, just as new cars sell for high here (and pretty much everything else sells for a higher price in Canada..)

Take the low mileage 2005.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bought my 90 last year for $2000 also, with that I got another 90 parts bike and a couple sets of usable tires. Good thing is the parts bike runs pretty good just leaks a bit of oil. Try looking on autotrader alot of bikes should start to be listed in the coming weeks.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ahh so I went to see teh '05 with 5700 kms on it otnight. Turns out it is $5300 firm plus gst becasue it is at a dealership...not the greatest deal anymore. I'm not prepared to spend that so I will keep looking.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Well then i guess I got a hell of a deal on my bike. I'm out of anchorage alaska. I got my 03 with approx 1700 miles for $2500 us last year. It had never been dropped an well maintained. It had a couple nicks from rocks on the fender but that's to be expected. He was asking 3k but for the bike going over 5k new otd at dealers i felt i made out. Granted when i get back from my deployment i'm laying fresh rubber on it and its getting a full tune up and possibly new sprockets/chain. We shall see.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm actually ~350miles(560km) from North Pole, Alaska.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts