Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can't seem to find any decals for my bike. I'm looking for basically the complete set of OEM stickers and decals, and I've exhausted eBay, google and froogle and can't seem to find anything. My bike's a 1998, and the decals are silver but they have a gradual fade to them. The left side has some scratches through the decals, and I could easily cover the marks up if I had them replaced. Is my only option going through the dealership and paying upwards of $30 per sticker, or do any of you know where I could find some replacements?

Here's a picture of my bike that illustrates the sort of decals I'm looking to replace (notice the fade!): :)

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah lucky, those. BUT. I only need a few for the left side. And I did check out your links guys, thanks.

From Lucky's link, I get to this page here, and from the drop-down, I can choose either BLACK or RED for decals. However, I'm not sure if the BLACK and RED refer to the color of the bike, or if it's the actual decals. My bike's red (obviously), but the decals are silver. So.... I just don't want to spend near $100 and get the wrong stuff.

Thanks for the help so far!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I'm almost certain it's the color of the bike . But , I don't blame you for being cautious . That being said , if it was me I'd give them a ring before placing an order .

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Kawasaki color is Candy Persimmon Red[/color] (A5)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I see
Don't want to jack the thread, but i have a quick question, dealing with OEM part lists, like the one on that site and others. I noticed on some parts it lists 2 of the same number but a different letter, like 54011 and 54011A, and you can buy both.....what is the difference? Does the "A" part refer to 1st gen?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Not sure about the "A" , but the 2002 came in 'Firecracker Red'. Kidda the color of blood . That's why I'm painting mine candy apple .

·
Registered
103 Posts
Lucky#13 said:
Not sure about the "A" , but the 2002 came in 'Firecracker Red'. Kidda the color of blood . That's why I'm painting mine candy apple .
Hell yea, thats what my 97 came in, firecracker red. I like them both.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
sevencyrus said:
I see
Don't want to jack the thread, but i have a quick question, dealing with OEM part lists, like the one on that site and others. I noticed on some parts it lists 2 of the same number but a different letter, like 54011 and 54011A, and you can buy both.....what is the difference? Does the "A" part refer to 1st gen?
I've seen some diagrams refer to 1st and 2nd gen parts on the same diagram and use the A to designate. Usually, the ones that I see are the same part, they just update the part number as new model years come along. The different model number could also refer to parts on California emissions bikes.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone. I'll definitely be using one of those sites to order the decals! :D

·
Registered
94 Posts
My Bike had all the decals removed by the former owner also, except for the decals on the gas tank (they are clear coated over) I need to figure out if I want to put some custom decals on, ot get replica originals from one of the sites mentioned earlier in this thread, but my bike is a silver 04, and it just looks too plain without any artwork.

G-man

·
Registered
326 Posts
i wanna get random decals thrown on mine. i don't want the kawasaki ones. i will try to find the pics of the one bike that has some good decals on it. i like that aeon decal (and where it's positioned) my bike is so plain now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts