Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, cleaning and rebuilding and then tuning my dirty carbs, pull the whole thing apart no problem. one of my diaphragm flappys had a decent little tear in it, that whole side was much dirtier than the other.
i ordered a new set of diaphragm flappys on ebay, they get here and are a solid 5mm too small all round, I tried to get them to stretch and fit over but absolutely no dice
So I went back and ordered a different set, same problem
(Definition of insanity)
Anyone have a spare diaphragm they’d be willing to let go or another solution? A used set of carbs is pricy and i don’t wanna have to spend that if I don’t have to

·
Moderating: Fair & Just
7,489 Posts
A used set of carbs is pricy and i don’t wanna have to spend that if I don’t have to
Sometimes if you wanna play, you gotta pay.

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,175 Posts
OP prompted me to research/post. EX500 correct diameter of diaphragm is 67mm (6.7cm) Where these ebay sellers get their info and continue to sell TOTALLY INCORRECT diaphragms (actually 250 sized 61mm/6.1cm) is beyond me.

Attached photo from many "EX500" adverts on ebay.
FALSE ADVERTISING! With no corrections in sight......be warned ...you order these....you're gonna get 250 sized diaphragms. PERIOD.

Automotive tire Font Automotive wheel system Rim Circle

·
Administrator
07 Ducati SS800 '95 Ducati 900SS/SP '19 Honda CBR650R
16,175 Posts
a follow up, I've finally found a reliable EX diaphragm vendor who is actually selling verified/correct goods. A quantity now in my possession.

Beyond EX diaphragms, I purchased a set for my '95 Ducati as well....yes they are correct!

Reactions: bpe

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Can't believe that Chinese knockoff slides are not available for $29.99

1 - 5 of 5 Posts