Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went the choppercharles route and used the truck bed liner. cost about 6 bucks a can at walmart.

the side covers were white... put about 4 coats on. the one looks really dusty, but in regular light (no flash) it looks fine... just need to brush it off.

the tank... you can also see "dragknee's dyno proven digital watch mod" too :)

painted the tail piece too.

the tabs were broken off of my side covers. i used masking tape. maybe when that stops working, ill upgrade to some duct tape... but it seems to be holding okay. once it rains on me, we'll see how well that holds up.

i like my bikes like my women... dirty as ****.

my next project LOL.

my REAL next project... putting these on.

END TRANSMISSION.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Dude, rino-hided bike... that's awesome.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Jason said:
does yuengling taste good? we sell it at work, but Ive never tried it.

btw bike looks nice.

Does the pope poo in the woods?

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the compliments everyone :)

Pittsburgh Ninja said:
why black or that black? and are you keeping it as it looks in the pics??
well, the side covers were white, the end piece was spray bombed black, and the tank was black with a pink stripe lol. i like the flat black look, and as its a bedliner, im not too concerned about scratches and stuff... it will scratch if you get it good, but even if it does, i can just hit it with the spray again and cover it up. that stuff dries to the touch in like 5 minutes, and totally dry in a few hours...

im going to take the front fairing, headlight and gauges off, and put those buell lights on. got a digital gauge thingy on the way too, and some clip ons.

im going for the "cafe racer" look :)

ex_dsmr said:
are you trying to simulate the "chin pit" like the zx6r's in pic #4? jk (the dent in the tank)
haha yeah. that other tank i have is not dented... could use a paint job too. the inside has been kreemed, but it hasnt been lined. they said they couldnt do it because it was already lined once or some sh!t like that... maybe one day ill get that going, and swap them out... or maybe ill just sell that other tank :)

Jason said:
does yuengling taste good? we sell it at work, but Ive never tried it.
OMG yuengling #1. hands down. i love it so much. it sucks that they dont sell it in ohio. i have to go to PA to get it. :(

lucky for me, my dad goes there like once a month, because the head office for his company is in johnstown, PA. so he always stops at the beer store and picks up a case or five.
btw bike looks nice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My tank was covered in that nasty **** when I bought the bike. I must have spent hours peeling and scraping it off. I guess when you're sitting on your tank ripping a wheelie, you won't have to worry about your ass sliding off.

·
Registered
261 Posts
freddyb said:
My tank was covered in that nasty sh!t when I bought the bike. I must have spent hours peeling and scraping it off.
That's just what I was thinking! If you decide you don't like it it'll be a ***** to clean off.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have some bullydog paint stripper, that you can purchase at any auto body supply store. spray that **** on, let it sit for 5, and the hit it with a putty knife... it makes the paint blister and bubble, and it comes off in sheets basically.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Does that stuff work OK with the plastic? I need to pick up something to strip the paint of my side plastic without ruining it.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, actually, its MADE for plastic bumpers. ive used it on steel before though with no adverse results.

i think i got it at a PPG automotive paint store... its called Bullydog. they make a myriad of products for body work, strippers, adhesion promoters, primers etc. just get the one thats for plastic bumpers, and you should be good to go.

it comes in a big spray can (maybe a half a can more than a regular spray paint can) and i think it cost about 8 bucks.

you just spray it on, let it sit for about 5 minutes or so and the paint blisters then just scrape the paint off.

you can even wipe the paint off with a rag if you want, but i found the putty knife to work better.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just checked, actually its BULLDOG, not bullydog. bullydog makes diesel performance parts :)

anyway, its called Klean Strip Bulldog Flexible Bumper Paint Stripper

·
Registered
41 Posts
How has the paint worked so far? Does it rub off on your clothes? Does gasoline ruin it? I have a black bike and a white gas tank on the way. This looks like a great idea. Any feedback would be appreciated, Thank you.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
worked awesome. doesnt rub off at all. gas doesnt hurt it either. i even dropped a wrench on the tank and it just bounced off. didnt even leave a mark.

also, if it DOES get scratched somehow, a new paintjob is only 7.99 at wal mart :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
did you paint on the bike or did you have to remove everything first? Also, are there any parts of the engine or pipes that can be painted too?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts