Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
not crazy about it, but it looks ok to me. I'd rather keep my Muzzy system.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If it came from JC Whitney, you'd be better off with nothing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks ok, but sounds really good. Thinking of swapping them out for the sarachus when I got the cash, they look nice :)
Btw, any of you fellers ever have any problems with the kickstand? It looks...really small (the foot), kind of scared i will tip over on a hot day....

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sig12 said:
Looks ok, but sounds really good. Thinking of swapping them out for the sarachus when I got the cash, they look nice :)
Btw, any of you fellers ever have any problems with the kickstand? It looks...really small (the foot), kind of scared i will tip over on a hot day....
It shouldn't tip over unless you park on liquefying asphalt (good, hot day) or soft dirt/sand/gravel. In those instances I try to use a square of steel/aluminum, a piece of angle, a piece of plywood (whatever I have nearby), or some have said a crushed pop can works wonders if you can't find anything else.

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
I have a piece of 1/4" thick 4" wide board from a broken section of wooden fence that I use for a support under my kickstand. in my apartment complex, I need to have it because our asphalt is really soft and crappy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The kickstand is fine, I've used my bike as a chair many a time. If you're on any kind of incline though, remember to leave it in first (and take it out of first when you start it, bike has a tendency to buck when its started in first).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts