Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out riding this weekend and my girlfriend, who has recently just passed her test came on her Honda CG125, so I let her have a go on my bike. She really liked it and could ride it really well! The problem is she is only 5ft! So im looking to get an ex for her and lower it. What do you reckon the lowest I can go is on the back using dogbones? What would be the dimensions for the dogbones to lower the bike? Is there a way to lower the front? How much well it effect the handling and ground clearance? ???

Ro$$y C

·
Registered
19,369 Posts
I can make you lowering dogbones as easilly as the raiseing ones. in any amount you wish . you tell me how much.
the fron can be lowered as well by fitting these http://www.motorcyclelarry.com/ninja_risers.aspx.
And then slipping the tubes up into them as much as you wish.

you just loose cornering clearance.
FOG

·
Registered
54 Posts
i think ive seen a post like this b4...wonder where ???

can we put this in frequently asked questions???

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
For lowering the front, the previous owner of my bike just slid the forks higher in the tripple tree and added some spacers to his stock risers.

He got about half an inch in front.

You might want to take the lower cowling off of the bike if you do so, I used hit it on speed bumps before removing it (it's not a pleasant feeling, especially when your on your 1st season ;))

·
Registered
192 Posts
handling and ground clearance will be affected... handling will be affected because you are lowering the center of gravity on the bike... but it should not be too noticable. as far as the ground clearance goes, your girl will not be able to corner as hard as she would if the bike was stock, however (assuming the bike you get has one) you can remove the lower cowl in order to be able to lean farther.

i would also like to point out... just for another option-- when you drop the lower forks in the triple tree, you could also replace the handles with some woodcraft 37mm clipons... not the ones made for the ex500 because with that much of the forks exposed you can actually use real clipons :D but they are like $200~ish soo its just another option

1 - 5 of 5 Posts