Ex-500.com - The home of the Kawasaki EX500 / Ninja 500R banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt know if anyone else on here has orderd from this site , but I did and don't plan to again ! I have no idea how there products are yet I'm sure its fine I orderd a zero gravity wind screen from them last tues. the 15th and they are soooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooow , just received a e-mail sayong my order will be here arround the 29th ??? So if you want to send yourself a surprise gift this place is for you cause I'm sure I'll forget it coming by the time it actuall gets here!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Exotic sportbike . com

I feel your pain. I ordered a Zero Gravity windscreen from them last Sunday - the 13th and haven't even gotten an email update yet. When I go to their Order Status page, it says that my order is "In Process" and could be in this stage for 1 - 6 days. Sending them an email now to see what's up. :mad: The only reason I went with them is that they are the only place where I found the dark smoke touring windscreen for the 500.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

K said:
I feel your pain. I ordered a Zero Gravity windscreen from them last Sunday - the 13th and haven't even gotten an email update yet. When I go to their Order Status page, it says that my order is "In Process" and could be in this stage for 1 - 6 days. Sending them an email now to see what's up. :mad: The only reason I went with them is that they are the only place where I found the dark smoke touring windscreen for the 500.

Yeah same here ,not may places carry them for some reason , seems like if you have a zx 14 you can almost get one at Walmart :( or is it just me? anyway I do hope other read this and helps them decide if they should shop there or not!

·
Registered
21 Posts

Frog said:
Klink => Check part # 73-SR290SM for 87-93 bikes and #73-SR291SM for 94-today from these guys. They deliver within 2 days ;) It's on page 64

http://www.motovan.com/cat/2007moto_en/html/2007moto_en.html
I might give it a try if I don't hear anything back from exotic. That site only has the clear, smoke, and red screens though. I sent an email to exotic's customer support earlier, heard nothing back. I'm trying to talk to someone on their Live Chat support, but they seem to not be responding.

I did get my fender eliminator from them today. (It was drop shipped.)

·
Registered
21 Posts

OK, latest update. After waiting for a response for 15 minutes on their "Live Chat Support", the rep told me the ETA for my windscreen is next Monday, May 28th. (which I'm going to have to say is BS since Monday is Memorial Day.) This of course was an estimate on their end since the rep could not tell me when they planned on shipping it out, even though it is in stock. I guess as long as it comes in OK, I can't really complain, but most Internet businesses are extremely fast with shipping . . . at least if they want to say in business. Don't think I'll be buying from them again in the near future.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts

ommyt69 said:
Frog said:
Klink => Check part # 73-SR290SM for 87-93 bikes and #73-SR291SM for 94-today from these guys. They deliver within 2 days ;) It's on page 64

http://www.motovan.com/cat/2007moto_en/html/2007moto_en.html

Frog , I went to the link , but couldn't figure out how to order from here, whats the secret?
They do business with dealers only.. That's their only drawback..

Go to your favorite dealer, he can get an account setup : http://partner.motovan.com/b2b_prd/b2b/init.do?scenario.xcm=Motovan&language=en

You could contact them at 1.800.363.0808 or by email [email protected] or [email protected]

remember that they are working on the EST times (same as Quebec/Ontario down to Florida) and the prices are in Canadian currency ;)

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

update, well it's the 1st of June and I orderd on the 15th of May , still have'nt received it yet and have been getting the run arround from their LIVE SUPPORT (joke) for three days , I hope nobody else orders from here after reading this ,I've gotten so fed up with them I've been thinking of joining a few more groups just to crap talk these people!

·
Registered
21 Posts

My update: Their live support told me that the windscreen should be delivered on May 28th. It's now June 1st and still nothing. I did get an email last night stating that it has been shipped and they gave me a UPS tracking number. As of this morning, the UPS Tracking site does not recognize the number they gave me. :mad:

·
Registered
21 Posts

Final update:

Windshield came in today. Everything was ok, no damage, proper item, etc. I was a little unhappy with their packing though. They took the windshield in it's original plastic bag and threw it in a beat up, already once used box, with NO packing material. No little peanuts to spill everywhere, no foam pads, not even a crumbled up newspaper. Needless to say, the box was crushed by the time it got to me, but luckily no damage to the plastic. To rub it in a bit, I had ordered a seat bag from Dennis Kirk last Thursday which also arrived today. They at least took the time and effort to use a new box, surround the unbreakable bag with packing peanuts, and sealed all seems with tape. Yeah, Dennis Kirk is always a little bit more expensive with their stuff, but they are always quick, easy to deal with, and get your stuff to you in a presentable manner.

So, my final verdict: DO NOT ORDER FROM EXOTICSPORTBIKE.COM

I'll agree that I have been spoiled a bit with online shopping and have gotten used to getting items within a few days, not weeks, but I had too many other problems with my order other then time.

* Items advertised as being delivered in 6 - 10 days tops. (This order took 23)
* I was flat out lied to by their "Live Support" twice. (Read my earlier posts)
* Condition of the package I received. (I mean, come on. At least give me a piece of bubble wrap to play with)

Thanks Frog for the other links. If they would have had the Dark Smoke shield, I most likely would have cancelled this order and went with them. ommyt69, good luck. Hopefully you get your stuff soon.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

K said:
Final update:

So, my final verdict: DO NOT ORDER FROM EXOTICSPORTBIKE.COM

I'll agree that I have been spoiled a bit with online shopping and have gotten used to getting items within a few days, not weeks, but I had too many other problems with my order other then time.

* Items advertised as being delivered in 6 - 10 days tops. (This order took 23)
* I was flat out lied to by their "Live Support" twice. (Read my earlier posts)
* Condition of the package I received. (I mean, come on. At least give me a piece of bubble wrap to play with)

Thanks Frog for the other links. If they would have had the Dark Smoke shield, I most likely would have cancelled this order and went with them. ommyt69, good luck. Hopefully you get your stuff soon.
My windscreen came in on the 5th of June ,after being lied to also , I had all the same trouble as you did, like I said earlier in other post hope others See this before they too buy from them! may change their mind , I should have bought direct from Zero Gravity! I even wrote them a e-mail after I received it to say how disapointed I was with them and that I would tell every biker I knew to never buy there, needless to say I did not get a reply to that either! They just dont even care ,guess they figure someone will still be as dumb as I was to buy from them!

DONT BUY FROM EXOTIC SPORTBIKE ! [/color]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts